- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is a config Object in JSP?
The config object is an instantiation of javax.servlet.ServletConfig and is a direct wrapper around the ServletConfig object for the generated servlet.
This object allows the JSP programmer access to the Servlet or JSP engine initialization parameters such as the paths or file locations etc.
The following config method is the only one you might ever use, and its usage is trivial −
This returns the servlet name, which is the string contained in the <servlet-name> element defined in the WEB-INF\web.xml file.
- Related Articles
- What is a request object in JSP?
- What is a response object in JSP?
- What is a pageContext Object in JSP?
- What is a page object in JSP?
- What is the session Object in JSP?
- What is an application Object in JSP?
- What is an exception Object in JSP? What type of exceptions can occur in a JSP page?
- What is the out implicit object in JSP?
- What is the use of page object in JSP? Need an example.
- What methods of session object is used frequently in JSP and for what purpose?
- What is a page directive in JSP?
- What is a buffer attribute in JSP?
- What is a include directive in JSP?
- What is a taglib directive in JSP?
- What is a scriptlet in JSP and what is its syntax?