- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What methods of session object is used frequently in JSP and for what purpose?
Here is a summary of important methods available through the session object −
|Sr.No.||Method & Description|
|1||public Object getAttribute(String name)|
This method returns the object bound with the specified name in this session, or null if no object is bound under the name.
|2||public Enumeration getAttributeNames()|
This method returns an Enumeration of String objects containing the names of all the objects bound to this session.
|3||public long getCreationTime()|
This method returns the time when this session was created, measured in milliseconds since midnight January 1, 1970 GMT.
|4||public String getId()|
This method returns a string containing the unique identifier assigned to this session.
|5||public long getLastAccessedTime()|
This method returns the last time the client sent a request associated with the this session, as the number of milliseconds since midnight January 1, 1970 GMT.
|6||public int getMaxInactiveInterval()|
This method returns the maximum time interval, in seconds, that the servlet container will keep this session open between client accesses.
|7||public void invalidate()|
This method invalidates this session and unbinds any objects bound to it.
|8||public boolean isNew()|
This method returns true if the client does not yet know about the session or if the client chooses not to join the session.
|9||public void removeAttribute(String name)|
This method removes the object bound with the specified name from this session.
|10||public void setAttribute(String name, Object value)|
This method binds an object to this session, using the name specified.
|11||public void setMaxInactiveInterval(int interval)|
This method specifies the time, in seconds, between client requests before the servlet container will invalidate this session.
- Related Articles
- What is the session Object in JSP?
- What is session attribute in JSP?
- What is the purpose of taglib directive in JSP?
- What is meant by incineration? For what purpose is it used?
- What is Maxwell's corkscrew rule? For what purpose is it used?
- What is a request object in JSP?
- What is a response object in JSP?
- What is an application Object in JSP?
- What is a config Object in JSP?
- What is a pageContext Object in JSP?
- What is a page object in JSP?
- How is Session Management done in JSP?
- What is an exception Object in JSP? What type of exceptions can occur in a JSP page?
- What is the out implicit object in JSP?
- What is a solar cell panel? For what purpose is it used? State its two main advantages.