- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the ways that unscrupulous people use to access or abuse unprotected computers?
There are many creative ways that unscrupulous people use to access or abuse unprotected computers which are as follows −
Remote login − When someone is able to connect to the computer and control it in some form. This can range from being able to view or access the document to actually running code on the computer.
Application backdoors − Some programs have unique features that enable for remote access. Others include bugs that supports a backdoor, or hidden access that supports some level of control of the program.
SMTP session hijacking − SMTP is the most common approach of sending e-mail over the web. By gaining approach to a record of e-mail addresses, a person can send unsolicited junk e-mail (spam) to thousands of clients. This is quite often by altering the e-mail through the SMTP server of an unsuspecting host, creating the actual sender of the spam difficult to trace.
Denial of Service − It can have probably heard this procedure used in news document on the attacks on major Websites. This type of attack is impossible to counter. The hacker sends a request to the server to connect to it. When the server responds with an acknowledgement and tries to create a session, it cannot discover the system that create the request. By inundating a server with these unanswerable session requests, a hacker generate the server to slow to a crawl or eventually crash.
E-mail Bombs − An e-mail bomb is generally a personal attack. Someone sends the the same e-mail hundreds or thousands of times until the e-mail system cannot accept some messages.
Macros − It can simplify complicated process, many applications allow us to create a script of commands that the software can run. This script is called a macro. Hackers have taken advantage of this to make their own macros that, based on the application, can destroy the data or crash the computer.
Viruses − A virus is a small program that can copy to multiple computers. This method it can spread rapidly from one system to the next. Viruses range from harmless messages to removing some data.
Spam − Typically harmless but continually annoying, spam is the electronic equivalent of junk mail. Spam can be dangerous though. Quite often it include links to Websites. Be careful of pressing on these because it can accidentally accept a cookie that supports a backdoor to the computer.
Redirect Bombs − Hackers can use ICMP to change (redirect) the path data takes by sending it to a multiple router. This is the method that a denial of service attack is install.
Source Routing − In some cases, the path a packet travels over the Internet (or any other network) is decided by the routers along that path. But the source supporting the packet can define the route that the packet must travel.
- What is drug abuse and what kind of people are most likely to get addicted to it?
- What are the elements of modern computers?
- What are the 6 ways to use this keyword in Java?
- What are the best new products or inventions that most people don't know about?
- What are the basic elements of computers related to OS?
- What is the difference between Super Computers and Embedded Computers?
- Find the Number of Ways to Pair People using C++
- Best ways to discover people to talk on twitter
- What are different types of computers according to their size in C?
- C++ program to count in how many ways we can minimize cable length to connect computers
- What are the ways to prevent child maltreatment?
- What are the different ways to install pandas?
- What are the two ways to conserve soil?
- What are the best ways to run a meeting?
- What are the Unique ways to increase Customer Retention?