- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the Pervasive Security Mechanisms in Information Security?
A process (or a device incorporating such a procedure) that is designed to identify, avoid, or retrieve from a security attack. The structure are divided into those that are performed in a definite protocol layer, including TCP or an software-layer protocol and those that are not definite to any specific protocol layer or security service. These structure are also called a pervasive security mechanisms.
Pervasive security is supported by a set of physical interfaces and network interfaces to a service to a user contains creating by the user's client device network connectivity to the service, broadcasting by the service an identifier to the user's client device.
It can be deciding by the service whether the user introduce the identifier into the service in physical closeness to the service, and appeal to the service because the user has entered the identifier into the service while in physical closeness to the service.
Pervasive secure access is being able to recognize risk at each interaction point, using several means (identifying anomalies in client behavior, or considering contextual clues such as location and device, etc.) and asking client for promote authentication when the level of risk ensure it.
This risk-based method supports the opportunity to step up to multi-factor authentication when allocate but doesn’t demand more authentication and when it’s not warranted. It provides that access is both secure enough to secure the organization and useful suitable to minimize friction for users.
The service can support expression that the service has been allowed by sending a control page to the user's client device. These are the structure that are not specific to some specific OSI security service or protocol layer.
There are some mechanisms can also be regarded as an element of security management which are as follows −
Trusted Functionality − The process that which is recognized to be correct regarding some criteria such as established by a security policy.
Security Label − This is an approach of marking of a constrained to a resource (which can be a data unit) that label or designates the security nature of that resource.
Event Detection − Detection of security-relevant events including forgery, denial of sending or receiving of information, modification of information etc.
Security Audit Trail − It supports a valuable security mechanism, as possibly they allow detection and analysis of breaches of security by allowing a subsequent security audit.
A security audit is an independent report and investigation of system data and events in order to test for sufficiency of system controls, to provide compliance with established policy and operational processes, to help in loss assessment and to approve some indicated changes in controls, policy and processes.
Security Recovery − This negotiate with requests from mechanisms, including event managing and executive functions, and takes recovery conduct.
- Related Articles
- What are the main Security Frameworks in information security?
- What are the specific security mechanism in Information Security?
- What are the security services of Information Security?
- What are the levels of database security in information security?
- What are the techniques of database security in information security?
- What are the basics of security metrics in information security?
- What are the types of security mechanism in information security?
- What are the classification of security attacks in information security?
- What are the Information Security Attack?
- What are the challenges in information security?
- What are Botnets in information security?
- What are Steganography in information security?
- What is the importance of Security Information Management in information security?
- What is Physical Security in information security?
- What is Security Management in Information Security?