- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the security services of Information Security?
There are various security services which are as follows −
Message Confidentiality − The principle of confidentiality defines that only the sender and the intended recipient should be capable to create the element of the message. It protects the transmitted data from passive attack.
Confidentiality can be used at several levels on the basis of content of an information to be transmitted. There are the following types of confidentiality which are as follows −
Connection Confidentiality − The protection of all user information on a connection.
Connectionless Confidentiality − The security of all user data in an individual data block.
Traffic-flow Confidentiality − The protection of the information that can be derived from observation of traffic flows.
Authentication − The authentication service is concerned with likely that a connection is authentic. In the case of a single message, including a warning or alarm signal, the function of the authentication service is to persuade the recipient that the message is from the source that it declare to be from.
Non-repudiation − Nonrepudiation avoids either sender or receiver from adverse a transmitted message. Therefore, when a message is sent, the receiver can validate that the asserted sender actually sent the message.
Likewise, when a message is received, the sender can validate that the asserted receiver actually received the message.
Access Control − The principle of access control decides who should be capable to access information or system through communication link. It supports the avoidance of unauthorized use of a resource.
Data Integrity − Data integrity is designed to secure information from modification, insertion, deletion and rehashing by any entity. Data integrity can be used to a flow of message, an individual message or a selected portion inside a message. Data integrity can be used to support total stream protection.
There are various types of data integrity which are as follows −
Connection integrity with recovery − It supports for the integrity of all user information on a connection and identify any modification, insertion, deletion or replay of any information within a whole data sequence, with recovery attempted.
Connection integrity without recovery − It supports only detection without recovery.
Selective-field connection integrity − It supports for the principle of selected areas within the user information of a data block shared over a connection and creates the form of decision of whether the selected fields have been changed, inserted, removed or replayed.
Connectionless integrity − It supports for the integrity of an individual connectionless data block and can take the form of detection of data modification. Moreover, it is a limited form of replay detection can be provided.
Selective-field connectionless integrity − It supports for the integrity of selected fields within an individual connectionless data block and takes the form of determination of whether the selected areas have been changed.
- Related Articles
- What are the services of Information Security?
- What are the elements of web services in information security?
- What are the types of web services in information security?
- What are the levels of database security in information security?
- What are the techniques of database security in information security?
- What are the basics of security metrics in information security?
- What are the types of security mechanism in information security?
- What are the classification of security attacks in information security?
- What are the main Security Frameworks in information security?
- What are the specific security mechanism in Information Security?
- What are the Pervasive Security Mechanisms in Information Security?
- What are the aspects of Information Security?
- What are the Pillars of Information Security?
- What are the goals of Information Security?
- What are the types of Information Security?