- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the challenges in information security?
Information security is a group of practices designed to perform data capture from unauthorized access and variation for the period of storing or broadcasting from one position to another.
Information security is designed and required to secure the print, digital, and other private, susceptible, and personal information from unauthorized persons. It is generally used to secure information from being obsolete, recognition, destruction, modification, and disruption.
Information security is the prevention and security of computer assets from unauthorized access, use, alteration, deterioration, destruction, and various threats.
There are two main sub-types such as physical and logical. Physical information security includes tangible security devices. Logical information security includes nonphysical security.
Information security operates with higher than one layer of security at the edge and in between the web. There are some security layers that perform some approaches and follow specified policies.
There are some challenges in providing information security which are as follows −
Security containing communications and networks is not easy as it can first occur to the beginner. The requirements appear to be straightforward. There are some major requirements for security services that can be given obvious one-word labels such as confidentiality, verification, non-repudiation, integrity.
In information security, the structure that can meet those requirements can be difficult, and understanding them it can involve instead of subtle reasoning.
In developing a specific security structure or algorithm, one should always treated potential attacks on those security characteristics. In some cases, successful attacks are designed by viewing at the problem in an effectively different way, therefore exploiting an unanticipated weakness in the structure.
The process that can support particular services are generally counterintuitive. It is not accessible from the statement of a specific condition that such elaborate measures are required. It is only when the several countermeasures are treated that the measures used to create sense.
It can be having designed several security structures, and it is essential to decide where to use them. This is true both in terms of physical placement (e.g., at what points in a network are specific security structures required) and in a logical sense including at what layer or layers of an architecture including TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) should structure be located.
Security structure generally include more than a specific algorithm or protocol. They generally also need that participants have some secret data (including an encryption key), which increase questions about the generation, distribution, and protection of that secret data.
There is also a confidence in connection protocols whose behavior can confuse the function of developing the security structure.
In information security, if the proper service of the security structure requires setting time period on the transit time of a message from sender to receiver, therefore some protocol or network that offer variable, unpredictable delays can render such time limits useless.
- Related Articles
- What are the Challenges in Establishing Cyber Security?
- What are the main Security Frameworks in information security?
- What are the specific security mechanism in Information Security?
- What are the Pervasive Security Mechanisms in Information Security?
- What are the security services of Information Security?
- What are the Information Security Attack?
- What are the levels of database security in information security?
- What are the techniques of database security in information security?
- What are the basics of security metrics in information security?
- What are the types of security mechanism in information security?
- What are the classification of security attacks in information security?
- What are Botnets in information security?
- What are Steganography in information security?
- What are the Password Attacks in Information Security?
- What are the Physical Threats in Information Security?