- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the environmental consequences of using fossil fuels? Suggest the steps to minimise the pollution caused by various sources of energy including non conventional sources of energy.
Some environmental consequences of using fossil fuels as they are formed from the remains of dead plants and animals.
1. They cause air pollution by burning. which increases the carbon dioxide in the air.
2. Global warming
3. Acid rain
4. Oil spills
Various steps that can be taken to control pollution caused by burning fossil fuels are as follows:
(a) By using catalytic converters in vehicles, air pollution from the burning of petroleum fuel in vehicles can be reduced as it converts harmful gases into harmless gases.
(b) By scrubbing and washing acidic gases with smoke in the water, air pollution caused due to burning of coal in thermal power plants can be reduced.
(c) Also, by installing electrostatic precipitators in the chimneys of thermal power plants the air pollution can be reduced, as the unburnt carbon particles and fly ash get deposited in the chimneys before the exhaust gases from the power plants are released into the air.
- What are the five main sources of electrical energy?
- What are the natural sources of protein?
- What are the various Components of Selenium?
- What are the various types of branches?
- What are the various types of contracts?
- What are the various Functions of Marketing?
- What are the Sources of Natural and Artificial Light?
- What are the Sources and Uses of Funds Statements?
- What are the Sources and Uses of Cash Flow?
- What are the steps of key generation using RSA algorithm?
- What are the sources of fund in finance and accounting?
- What are the three important steps in the evaluation of investments?
- Explain various sources of finance in financial management.
- What are the criteria for selecting the data sources?
- What are the different steps in using MySQL cursor?