- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Compare and contrast fossil fuels and the Sun as direct sources of energy.
Comparison between the sun and fossil fuels as sources of energy:
|The Sun||Fossil Fuels|
1. It produces an enormous amount of heat due to the occurrence of nuclear fusion inside it.
1. They are formed from the remains of dead plants and animals.
|2. It does not cause any air pollution.|
2. They cause air pollution by burning.
|3. It is a renewable source of energy.|
3. They are non-renewable sources of energy.
- Related Articles
- Compare the sun and the fossil fuels as the sources of energy.
- Compare and contrast biomass and hydroelectricity as sources of energy.
- Compare and contrast bio-mass and hydro-electricity as sources of energy.
- Why are fossil fuels classified as non-renewable sources of energy?
- Most of the sources of energy that we use represent stored solar energy. Which of the following is not ultimately derived from the sun's energy?(a) wind energy (b) geothermal energy(c) fossil fuels(d) biomass
- What are the environmental consequences of using fossil fuels? Suggest the steps to minimise the pollution caused by various sources of energy including non conventional sources of energy.
- Compare LPG and wood as fuels
- Which of the following is the ultimate source of energy?(a) Water (b) Sun (c) Fossil fuels (d) Uranium
- Why are coal and petroleum known as fossil fuels?
- Which of the following sources of energy are not derived from the sun?Biomass, Wind, Ocean thermal energy, Geothermal energy, Nuclear fuels, Hydroelectricity, Wave energy, Coal, Petroleum, Tidal energy.
- (a) What are fossil fuels? Give three examples of fossil fuels.(b) Describe how fossil fuels were formed.(c) Explain how, sun is considered to be the ultimate source of fossil fuels.(d) Which fossil fuels were formed by the buried remains of small plants and animals?(e) Which fossil fuel formed by the buried remains of large land plants?
- List any four disadvantages of using fossil fuels for the production of energy.
- Name a non-renewable source of energy other than fossil fuels.
- The major cause of environmental pollution is the use of: (a) hydrogen as fuel (b) biomass energy (c) ocean energy (d) fossil fuels
- (a) What are fossil fuels? Name three fossil fuels.(b) Describe how, fossil fuels were formed.