- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between C++ and Go?
Let us understand the concepts of C++ and Go before learning the differences between them.
It is an open source programming language developed by Google employees, It is intended to be fast compiled, garbage collected, strongly typed, and with explicit support for concurrent programming.
The original developers Rob Pike, Robert Griesemer and Ken Thompson started out in the year 2007. It was licensed under the BSD license. In the case of large systems it supports statically typing and scalability.
The features of Go are as follows −
- Language Design
- Powerful standard library
- Package Management
- Static Typing
- Testing Support
- C-inspired syntax
- Safe and open source
The advantages of Go are as follows −
- Security friendly
- Supported by Google
- Ease to use
- Excellent documentation
- Do more with less.
The disadvantages of Go are as follows −
- Development takes more effort
- Young language
- Less versatile
- Takes more time for building large ecosystem
- Consumes more computational resources.
It serves as the backbone for so many numbers of programs, computing tasks, and other programming languages. It is procedural, functional and multi-paradigm launched in the year 1985 by the Danish programmer Bjarne Stroustrup. It is an object-oriented and general-purpose programming language. It allows multiple inheritance.
The features of C++ are as follows −
- It is extremely popular and simple to use.
- Object oriented programming
- Platform independence
- Case sensitive
- Compiler based
- High level programming language
- Dynamic memory allocation
- Existence of Libraries.
The advantages of C++ are as follows −
- Compatibility with C
- Object oriented
- Memory management
- Low level manipulation
- Large community support.
The disadvantages of C++ are as follows −
- Security issues
- Use of pointers
- Absence of Built-in threads
- Absence of Garbage collector.
The major differences between Go and C++ are as follows −
|It is an open source programming language developed by Google employees||It is an object-oriented and general-purpose programming language|
|The original developers Rob Pike, Robert Griesemer and Ken Thompson started out in the year 2007||It was launched in the year 1985 by the Danish programmer Bjarne Stroustrup|
|It does not allow multiple inheritance.||It allows multiple inheritance.|
|Go does not provide optimizations in its compiler.||C++ provides SIMD optimizations during its compilation process|
|Go does not support class based declarations.||C++ supports classes.|
|Go is licensed under BSD license.||C++ is an open source project 2.0|
|Go is a static and strong typing discipline||C++ is static typing.|
|In Go polymorphism does not exist.||In C++ polymorphism exists.|
|Go has logical operators||C++ uses true, false and bool.|
|Go does not have template libraries.||C++ has a Standard Template Library.|
|Go does not support implicit type conversion.||C++ supports implicit type conversion.|
|Go does not support const or volatile qualifiers.||C++ supports const and volatile qualifiers.|
|Go does not support inheritance.||C++ supports inheritance.|
|Go does not use while or do-while statements instead it uses a for loop it can use.||C++ has a while and do-while statement.|
- What are the differences between C++ and Java?
- What are the differences between C and Java?
- What are the differences between Thunderbolt and USB-C?
- What are the differences between struct and class in C++?
- What are the differences between constructors and destructors in C#?
- What are the differences between bitwise and logical AND operators in C/C++
- Difference between Go and C++.
- What are the differences between a class and struct in C#?
- What are the differences between ref and out parameters in C#?
- What are the differences between holography and photography?
- What are the differences between lodash and underscore?
- What are the differences between solvency and liquidity?
- What are the differences between IPO and FPO?
- What are the differences between Flutter and Xamarin?
- What are the differences between Telegram and WhatsApp?