- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between Backblaze B2 and Tresorit?
Let us understand the concepts of Backblaze B2 and Tresorit before learning the differences between them.
It is one of the cloud storage services used for storing files in the cloud. It was launched in the year 2015 by Backblaze Incorporation. The files that are available in Backblaze can be downloaded at any time, by using APIs or a browser-compatible URL.
It is simple, reliable, affordable object storage. Every account gets 10 GB of free storage, unlimited free uploads, and 1 GB of free downloads every day. There are no hidden fees.
The features of Backblaze B2 are as follows −
- Upload, download, and delete files.
- It creates and manage the buckets which hold files.
- Manage the configuration of your account.
- Safe and secure.
- Plug and play.
- Readily Accessible.
- Cost effective
The advantages of Backblaze B2 are as follows −
- Unbeatable price.
- High durability.
- Per day the first 1 GB of downloads is free.
- It is providing a command-line tool called B2 for uploading/downloading.
- Runs constantly in the background
- Customer Service
The disadvantages of Backblaze B2 are as follows −
- It doesn’t have extensive documentation.
- File organization is a little confusing.
- Technical Support is not there.
- Notifications of issues are not good.
It is an ultra-secure place in the cloud used to store, sync, and share files within your organization and with external partners.
It is a premium cloud storage service which has an end-to-end encrypted, zero-knowledge content collaboration platform that is designed to safeguard the digital valuables of individuals and organizations with the highest classification in the cloud.
The features of Tresorit are as follows −
- Share files securely with anyone in an organization.
- Access the work documents from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
- Keep the stored files safe from unauthorized access and data breaches.
- Large amounts of file storage.
- Fine control of synchronization having deleted version recovery.
- Administrative reports and analysis.
- File Request feature.
The advantages of Tresorit are as follows −
It is an End-to-end encrypted.
There is Gmail and Outlook integration, and also it provides 3 GB storage for free and for paid 500 GB – 2,500 GB.
It has 24/7 support services.
The disadvantages of Tresorit are as follows −
- The paid versions are more expensive
- It is little bit complicated to use
The major differences between Backblaze B2 and Tresorit are as follows −
|Backblaze B2 was launched in the year 2015 by Backblaze Incorporation.||Tresorit was owned by Tresorit in 2014.|
|Backblaze B2 offers free storage space of 10 GB.||Tresorit offers 3 GB free storage space.|
|Backblaze B2 offers unlimited maximum storage size.||The maximum storage capacity is 1000GB.|
|Backblaze B2 maximum file size is not restricted.||The maximum file size which is available for free is 500MB and for file size bigger than that is paid.|
|Backblaze B2 supports file versioning.||Tresorit supports file versioning only for paid plans.|
|Backblaze B2 supports developer API||Tresorit does not support developer API|
|Backblaze files are not locally encrypted.||Tresorit Files are encrypted.|
|Backblaze does not have client side encryption.||Tresorit has client side encryption.|
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started