- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between Backblaze B2 and Tencent Weiyun?
Let us understand the concepts of Backblaze B2 and Tencent Weiyun before learning the differences between them.
It is one of the cloud storage services used for storing files in the cloud. It was launched in the year 2015 by Backblaze Incorporation. The files that are available in Backblaze can be downloaded at any time, by using APIs or a browser-compatible URL.
It is simple, reliable, affordable object storage. Every account gets 10 GB of free storage, unlimited free uploads, and 1 GB of free downloads every day. There are no hidden fees.
The features of Backblaze B2 are as follows −
- Upload, download, and delete files
- It creates and manage the buckets which hold files
- Manage the configuration of your account
- Safe and secure.
- Plug and play.
- Readily Accessible.
- Cost effective
The advantages of Backblaze B2 are as follows:
- Unbeatable price
- High durability
- Per day the first 1 GB of downloads is free.
- It is providing a command-line tool called B2 for uploading/downloading.
- Runs constantly in the background
- Customer Service
The disadvantages of Backblaze B2 are as follows −
- It doesn’t have extensive documentation.
- File organization is a little confusing.
- Technical Support is not there.
- Notifications of issues are not good.
Weiyun is the cloud storage service from Tencent which is providing a massive 10 TB of free cloud storage for its new customers. It was owned by Tencent Holdings Limited in 2012. It was mostly used by China. It can be available in Chinese and English language.
Tencent Cloud is one of the secure, reliable and high-performance cloud compute services provided by Tencent. It is the largest Internet company in China, and Asia. It is providing services to so many people through its products like QQ and WeChat.
The features of Tencent Weiyun are as follows −
- Easy to Deploy
- Low Cost
- High reliability
- We create a unique QR code for any file or folder that we want to share.
- Weiyun automatically updates any files that you modify.
- The pictures can easily be viewable across the browser, mobile, and desktop clients.
The advantages of Tencent Weiyun are as follows −
- Superior network availability
- Optimal customer support
- Keen regulatory insight
- An expansive ecosystem
- Innovative cloud security
The major differences between Backblaze B2 and Tencent Weiyun are as follows −
|Backblaze B2||Tencent Weiyun|
|Backblaze B2 was launched in the year 2015 by Backblaze Incorporation.||It was owned by Tencent Holding Limited in 2012.|
|Backblaze B2 offers free storage space of 10 GB.||It offers 10GB of free storage|
|Backblaze B2 offers unlimited maximum storage size.||The maximum storage capacity of Tencent is 2 TB.|
|Backblaze B2 maximum file size is not restricted.||The maximum file size of Tencent is 1GB|
|Backblaze B2 supports file versioning.||Tencent does not support file versioning.|
|Backblaze provides more security||Tencent provides less security of data comparatively.|
|Backblaze has a developer API.||Tencent does not have a developer API.|
|Backblaze B2 is used all over the world.||Tencent Weiyun is used in China|
|Backblaze files are not locally encrypted.||Tencent files are encrypted at servers.|
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started