- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are some common mistakes hiring managers to see on resumes?
A resume can make or break your job prospects with a company. While a professionally made resume does help you present your skills the desired way to the hiring company, there are some common mistakes on the resume that the hiring managers identify and they can prove disastrous for your job prospects.
Silly mistakes in typing, grammar, spellings, or errors in formatting can be suicidal for your career before it even starts. So, make sure that you proofread the resume before handing it over to the hiring managers, as they will spot these mistakes first.
Lack of Clarity
The resume is crisp, clear, and up to the point. The hiring managers should be able to relate to your skills, past work history, or any relevant fields based on their requirement.
Providing misleading or fraudulent information is a big no, no. Please remember that it's not okay to add any skills or experience that does not belong to you. It's unethical and experienced hiring managers have the right tools to identify misinformation.
No Objective Statement
Objective statements are outdated and don't really matter these days. There are chances that your objective may not match with the recruiters and so, it's better not to add them.
Too Many Details
Be relevant and to the point. Hiring managers are not interested in too short or too long resumes. So, keep it precise.
This is crucial. Many of us have such gaps between the last employment and the next one. Make sure that you provide a logical and valid explanation, or you may be outright rejected.
Incorrect Contact Details
Correct contact details are extremely crucial for the prospective job. Avoid quirky email ids. A resume is not the place for such gimmicks unless you want to be blacklisted by the recruiters.
- What are common Python programming mistakes programmers do?
- What are some common funeral etiquette?
- What are some common forms of scamming?
- What are some of the common types of Hacking?
- What are some home remedies to remove white spots on lips?
- What are some of the best Indian movies of all time that we can see anytime, anywhere?
- How to design Resumes using Canva?
- What are some healthy breakfasts?
- What are some natural Contraceptives?
- What are the role and Responsibilities of QA managers in Agile organizations?
- What are some unknown body facts?
- What are some benefits of Nutmeg?
- What are some Information Security Terms?
- What are some amazing facts related to Facebook?