- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are security threats? Differentiate between wired and wireless threats
In computer system and internet technology management, the following may be the security threats
Hardware may cause minor threats in most of the situations. It is unable to control the Leaked information.
The software threat harms critical data of an organization.
Hacking is one of the biggest threats now-a-days. Through malicious programs hackers steal critical information from others.
The unauthorized use of personal data is one of the threats.
Phishing attacks by malware email to multi-internet users for mid guiding them.
Spoofing is also a bigger threat of technology.
Methods to secure a network
Given below are the methods to secure a network −
A network can be secured with high quality hardware use as well as secured application software with firewall like program.
Anti-virus protection must be installed to the computer system.
The server software and system must be password protected.
There should be less no. of people involved in the server area. The software must be designed to actively inform the user regarding any possible security threats.
Computer systems must be designed so as to be locked automatically at a time when attackers try to steal data from the server.
Wireless Security is completely dependent on the Network Security from where the Connection is being provided, we have benefits in wireless security as we don’t have the burden of so many wires and can access the network from a particular range.
The advantages of Wireless Connection are as follows −
Easy and quick installation.
On-the-go monitoring from your cell phone.
No bulky, mounted wall monitors in your home.
A wireless system is a one-time investment that can be transported from home to home.
There are no wires for an intruder to cut.
Wired Security depends on the wire and even at each joint where the wire is connected; any unauthorised person can access the Security if he has the access to the wire of the network.
The advantages of Wired Connection are as follows −
Adds value to your home when trying to sell.
Less maintenance over time. No replacement batteries or hardware.
Does not pick up any exterior signals or interference.
- What are the Network Security threats and attacks?
- What are network based attacks and network security threats?
- What are the Threats and Attacks to Information Security?
- What are the Physical Threats in Information Security?
- What are the classifications of threats in information security?
- What are the different types of Cyber Security Threats?
- What is Email Security? Definition, Threats, Best Practices
- What are the threats on the Internet?
- What are the types of threats in a database?
- How to Deal with Threats and Opportunities
- Differentiate between Data Privacy and Data Security.
- How can you protect yourself against Web threats?
- PC or Mac: Which is more resistant to cyber threats?
- What are wireless LANs?
- What are wireless networks?