- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the Network Security threats and attacks?
There are various network security threats and attacks which are explained below−
Earthquakes, floods, lightning, and fire can cause several damages to computer systems. It could include other threats such as riots, wars, and terrorist attacks could be included here. Although they are human-caused threats, they are classified as disastrous.
Deleting and altering data
Malicious attackers who delete or alter data usually do this to prove a point or take revenge for something that has occurred to them. Inside attackers frequently do this to spite the organisation because they are disgruntled about something. Outside attackers might need to prove that they can get into the system or for its fun.
Committing information theft and fraud
Information technology is increasing and can commit fraud and theft. The financial framework is not the only one subject to fraud. Other targets are systems that control any resources, including time and attendance systems, inventory frameworks, school grading systems, or long-distance telephone systems.
Disrupting normal business operations
Attackers may need to disrupt normal business operations. In any circumstance like this, the attacker has a particular goal to achieve.
Attackers can develop harmful code referred to as viruses. Using hacking methods, they can divide into systems and plant viruses. One type of virus known as Trojan Horses spread by e-mail attachments.
Trojan Horses are malicious programs or software code hidden inside what looks like a standard program. When a client runs the regular code, the hidden code runs as well. It can start deleting files and causing other damage to the computer.
This is possible because clients often select weak passwords. Attackers can gain other users' password by using some technique.
Denial of Service (DOS) attacks
This attack exploits the requirement to have a service available. It is an increasing trend on the internet because websites, in general, are open doors ready for abuse. People can quickly flood the web server with interaction to keep it busy. Therefore, companies linked to the internet should prepare for DOS attacks.
Electronic mail is one of the most prominent features of the internet. With access to internet e-mail, someone can correspond with any one of millions of people worldwide.
This allows a cracker (hacker) to make a complete copy of network activity. As a result, a cracker can obtain sensitive information such as passwords, data and procedures for performing functions.
In these attacks, a hacker uses several hacking tools to gain access to systems. These can range from password cracking tools to protocol hacking and manipulation tools.
In-network spoofing, a system shows itself to the network as though it were a different system (System A impersonates System B by sending B’s address instead of its own). The reason for this is that systems tend to operate within a group of other trusted systems.
Social engineering is a hacker term for tricking people into revealing their password or some form of security information.
- What are network based attacks and network security threats?
- What are the Threats and Attacks to Information Security?
- What are security threats? Differentiate between wired and wireless threats
- What are Blended Threats? How Do Blended Attacks Work?
- What are the Physical Threats in Information Security?
- What are the classification of security attacks in information security?
- What are the Password Attacks in Information Security?
- What are the different types of Cyber Security Threats?
- What are the classifications of threats in information security?
- What are Unknown Attacks in information security?
- What are the attacks on DES in Information Security?
- What are the network security types?
- What are the types of Security Attacks on RFID Systems?
- What are the services of Network Security in Computer Network?
- What are the types of attacks on Biometric devices in information security?