- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Wait until page is loaded with Selenium WebDriver for Python.
We can wait until the page is loaded with Selenium webdriver. There is a synchronization concept in Selenium which describes implicit and explicit wait. To wait until the page is loaded we shall use the explicit wait concept.
The explicit wait is designed such that it is dependent on the expected condition for a particular behavior of an element. For waiting until the page is loaded we shall use the expected condition presence_of_element_loaded for a particular element. Once the wait time is elapsed, the timeout error shall be thrown.
To implement explicit wait conditions, we have to take help of the WebDriverWait and ExpectedCondition class. Let us check the presence of the element below on the page and verify if the page is loaded.
from selenium import webdriver from selenium.webdriver.support.ui import WebDriverWait from selenium.webdriver.support import expected_conditions as EC from selenium.common.exceptions import TimeoutException from selenium.webdriver.common.by import By driver = webdriver.Chrome (executable_path="C:\chromedriver.exe") driver.get("https://www.tutorialspoint.com/about/about_careers.htm") // presence_of_element_located expected condition wait for 8 seconds try: w = WebDriverWait(driver, 8) w.until(expected_conditions.presence_of_element_located((By.TA G_NAME,"h1"))) print("Page load happened") exception TimeException: print("Timeout happened no page load") driver.close()
- Need to wait until page is completely loaded - Selenium WebDriver
- C# and Selenium: Wait Until Element is Present
- Best practice to wait for a change with Selenium Webdriver?
- Need Selenium to wait until the document is ready
- Wait for an Ajax call to complete with Selenium 2 WebDriver.
- How to wait until an element is present in Selenium?
- What is implicit wait in Selenium with python?
- Get page title with Selenium WebDriver using Java.
- How to wait for iFrames to load completely in Selenium webdriver?
- What is the explicit wait in Selenium with python?
- How do you make Selenium 2.0 wait for the page to load?
- How to wait until an element no longer exists in Selenium?
- Set up a real timeout for loading page in Selenium WebDriver?
- How install Selenium Webdriver with Python?