- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
State whether the following statements are true or false. Correct the false statements.
(a) All substances are either acidic or basic.
(b) A compound if acidic will turn all indicators red.
(c) Lime water turns red limus blue.
(d) Common salt dissolved in water turns blue litmus red.
(e) Phenolphthalein is a natural indicator.
(f) Calamine can be used to treat ant’s sting.
(g) Lemon water is basic in nature.
All substances are acidic, basic or neutral
Acids do not give red colour with all indicators.
As Lime water is basic in nature hence, it turns red litmus blue.
Blue litmus does not change to red in common salt solutions since it is neutral.
Phenolphthalein is a synthetic indicator.
Ant’s sting contains formic acid hence can be neutralized by calamine solution, which contains zinc carbonate.
Lemon water is acidic in nature.
- Geolocation HTML5 enableHighAccuracy True, False or What?
- Are true and false keywords in java?
- Why does MySQL evaluate “TRUE or TRUE and FALSE” to true?
- MongoDB query to find on the basis of true or false values
- What are False Positives and True Positives in Cybersecurity?
- Return true or false in a MySQL select if another field contains a string?
- How to plot true/false or active/deactive data in Matplotlib?
- Select MongoDB documents where a field either does not exist, is null, or is false?
- How can I avoid too many OR statements in a MySQL query?
- True, False and Nil in Ruby Programming
- Why are Prepared Statements in JDBC faster than Statements? Explain?
- What are the synonym statements of MySQL DESCRIBE?
- What are the types of statements in JDBC?
- How you can get a true/false from a Python regular expressions?
- How can I count true and false values in my PHP array?