- SAP Smart Forms Tutorial
- SAP Smart Forms - Home
- SAP Smart Forms - Overview
- SAP Smart Forms - Architecture
- SAP Smart Forms - Structure
- SAP Smart Forms - Form Logic
- SAP Smart Forms - Navigation
- SAP Smart Forms - Form Builder
- SAP Smart Forms - Style Builder
- SAP Smart Forms - Output Types
- Advance Development Concepts
- SAP Smart Forms - Form Graphics
- Applications & Migration
- SAP Smart Forms Useful Resources
- SAP Smart Forms - Quick Guide
- SAP Smart Forms - Useful Resources
- SAP Smart Forms - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP Smart Forms - Architecture
In a SAP Smart Form, you have multiple components where application data is different from form definition. When a smart form is activated, a function module is generated and data is retrieved from the database.
In a SAP smart form, the following components are used −
Form Layout − The form layout defines the position of elements on the pages and where the objects will be displayed in the form output.
Form Logic − Form logic defines the data to be read from the database, to define the condition and to control the flow of the form output.
Individual Elements − It includes the elements to be displayed in the form output. Common element types are Text, Table, Graphics, etc.
Form Interface − A form interface in SAP smart form is used to transfer the application data to form definition.
In the above image, you can see the Smart Form Architecture. When a smart form is activated, a function module is generated. When application program calls the functional module, the module interface is used to transfer the table data as per the form description and to print the form.
You can also embed statements in the form description to select the data for form processing. But, this is not recommended when you have to print the mass forms results performance degradation.
It is also possible to print the data as tables on the form and to be merged with the application data with the smart form. A single call to a smart form always generates one form for printing. A different output type can always be selected such as – Fax, Print, email or in HTML/XML format to a web browser.