- SAP HANA Tutorial
- SAP HANA - Home
- SAP HANA Introduction
- SAP HANA - Overview
- In-Memory Computing Engine
- SAP HANA - Studio
- Studio Administration View
- SAP HANA - System Monitor
- SAP HANA - Information Modeler
- SAP HANA - Core Architecture
- SAP HANA Modeling
- SAP HANA - Modeling
- SAP HANA - Data Warehouse
- SAP HANA - Tables
- SAP HANA - Packages
- SAP HANA - Attribute View
- SAP HANA - Analytic View
- SAP HANA - Calculation View
- SAP HANA - Analytic Privileges
- SAP HANA - Information Composer
- SAP HANA - Export and Import
- SAP HANA Reporting
- SAP HANA - Reporting View
- Bi 4.0 Connectivity to HANA Views
- SAP HANA - Crystal Reports
- SAP HANA - Excel Integration
- SAP HANA Security
- SAP HANA - Security Overview
- User Administration & Management
- SAP HANA - Authentications
- SAP HANA - Authorization methods
- SAP HANA - License Management
- SAP HANA - Auditing
- SAP HANA Data Replication
- SAP HANA - Data Replication Overview
- SAP HANA - ETL Based Replication
- SAP HANA - Log Based Replication
- SAP HANA - DXC Method
- SAP HANA - CTL Method
- SAP HANA - MDX Provider
- SAP HANA Monitoring
- SAP HANA - Monitoring and Alerting
- SAP HANA - Persistent Layer
- SAP HANA - Backup & Recovery
- SAP HANA - High Availability
- SAP HANA - Log Configuration
- SAP HANA SQL
- SAP HANA - SQL Overview
- SAP HANA - Data Types
- SAP HANA - SQL Operators
- SAP HANA - SQL Functions
- SAP HANA - SQL Expressions
- SAP HANA - SQL Stored Procedures
- SAP HANA - SQL Sequences
- SAP HANA - SQL Triggers
- SAP HANA - SQL Synonym
- SAP HANA - SQL Explain Plans
- SAP HANA - SQL Data Profiling
- SAP HANA - SQL Script
- SAP HANA Useful Resources
- SAP HANA - Questions and Answers
- SAP HANA - Quick Guide
- SAP HANA - Useful Resources
- SAP HANA - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
SAP HANA - Overview
SAP HANA is a combination of HANA Database, Data Modeling, HANA Administration and Data Provisioning in one single suite. In SAP HANA, HANA stands for High-Performance Analytic Appliance.
According to former SAP executive, Dr. Vishal Sikka, HANA stands for Hasso’s New Architecture. HANA developed interest by mid-2011 and various fortune 500 companies started considering it as an option to maintain Business Warehouse needs after that.
Features of SAP HANA
The main features of SAP HANA are given below −
SAP HANA is a combination of software and hardware innovation to process huge amount of real time data.
Based on multi core architecture in distributed system environment.
Based on row and column type of data-storage in database.
Used extensively in Memory Computing Engine (IMCE) to process and analyze massive amount of real time data.
It reduces cost of ownership, increases application performance, enables new applications to run on real time environment that were not possible before.
It is written in C++, supports and runs on only one Operating System Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1/2.
Need for SAP HANA
Today, most successful companies respond quickly to market changes and new opportunities. A key to this is the effective and efficient use of data and information by analyst and managers.
HANA overcomes the limitations mentioned below −
Due to increase in “Data Volume”, it is a challenge for the companies to provide access to real time data for analysis and business use.
It involves high maintenance cost for IT companies to store and maintain large data volumes.
Due to unavailability of real time data, analysis and processing results are delayed.
SAP HANA Vendors
SAP has partnered with leading IT hardware vendors like IBM, Dell, Cisco etc. and combined it with SAP licensed services and technology to sell SAP HANA platform.
There are, total, 11 vendors that manufacture HANA Appliances and provide onsite support for installation and configuration of HANA system.
Top few Vendors include −
- Lenovo (China)
According to statistics provided by SAP, IBM is one of major vendor of SAP HANA hardware appliances and has a market share of 50-52% but according to another market survey conducted by HANA clients, IBM has a market hold up to 70%.
SAP HANA Installation
HANA Hardware vendors provide preconfigured appliances for hardware, Operating System and SAP software product.
Vendor finalizes the installation by an onsite setup and configuration of HANA components. This onsite visit includes deployment of HANA system in Data Center, Connectivity to Organization Network, SAP system ID adaption, updates from Solution Manager, SAP Router Connectivity, SSL Enablement and other system configuration.
Customer/Client starts with connectivity of Data Source system and BI clients. HANA Studio Installation is completed on local system and HANA system is added to perform Data modeling and administration.