- SAP Basis Tutorial
- SAP Basis - Home
- SAP Basis - Overview
- SAP Basis - Installation of SAP GUI
- SAP Basis - GUI Selection
- System Landscape & Architecture
- Hardware & Software Installation
- SAP Basis - NW System
- SAP Basis - NW Architecture
- SAP Basis - SAP Client Administration
- SAP Basis - User Activities
- Number of Login Attempts
- SAP Basis - Job Processing
- Unscheduling a Background Job
- Monitoring a Background Job
- Deleting a Background Job
- SAP Basis - Managing Transports
- Managing Transport Routes
- SAP Basis - Patch Management
- SAP Basis - Importing A Queue
- Kernel Upgrade & Patching
- SAP Basis - System Monitoring
- SAP Basis - Remote Function Call
- RFC Between ECC & HANA
- SAP Basis - New Dimensional Product
- SAP Basis Useful Resources
- SAP Basis - Questions Answers
- SAP Basis - Quick Guide
- SAP Basis - Useful Resources
- SAP Basis - Discussion
SAP Basis - New Dimensional Product
Introduction to BI / BW
SAP BI/BW is a data warehousing product and is based on SAP ABAP infrastructure. It is used to convert raw data into reports. This can also be used to build analytical reports and for decision making by business managers.
Using a Business Warehouse, you can combine data from different heterogeneous sources, organize and manage the data for detailed reporting.
This data warehousing product can easily be integrated with different SAP reporting tools. This product can help to analyze multidimensional data from different sources.
The key components in SAP NetWeaver Business Intelligence are −
- SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (BW)
- SAP Business Explorer (SAP BEx) and
- SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator (BWA)
Besides replicating data from the source to the SAP NetWeaver BW system, it is also possible to access the source data directly from the SAP NetWeaver BW system using Virtual Providers. The analytic engine provides methods and services for analysis, planning and generic services such as caching and security.
SAP Business Explorer BEx is used to define how data is displayed. This tool also supports the creation of Excel-based and web-based applications for analysis, planning, and reporting. The BEx applications created with the BEx tools can be integrated into the SAP Enterprise Portal. Integration with SAP BusinessObjects tools offers further options for analysis and reporting in addition to the standard SAP BEx functions. You can access BI information (like reports, analysis and dashboards) with the SAP BusinessObjects BI Portal InfoView.
Basis Integration with ECC
SAP ERP is based on SAP NetWeaver version. For example, SAP ERP 6.0 is based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0. SAP ERP is also based on enhancement packages; for example, ERP 6.0 is based on EHP04 and NetWeaver Enhancement Package — EHP01.
The software components always follow product numbering like SAP HR 6.04 belongs to Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 and SAP BASIS 7.01 belongs to EHP01 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0.
SAP ECC 6.0 Enhancement Package 5 is based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 02
ECC 6.0 Enhancement Package 4 is based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 01
ECC 6.0 Enhancement Package 6 is based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 03
Implementation of an EHP for ECC involves the application of SAP NetWeaver EHP (starting with ECC EHP 4).
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started