- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Represent the following numbers as integers with appropriate signs.
(a) An aeroplane is flying at a height two thousand metre above the ground.
(b) A submarine is moving at a depth, eight hundred metre below the sea
(c) A deposit of rupees two hundred.
(d) Withdrawal of rupees seven hundred
We have to represent the given numbers as integers with appropriate signs.
(a) We take the ground level(sea level) as zero and everything above it as positive.
The given number as integer with appropriate sign is $+2000\ m$.
(b) We take the sea level as zero and everything below it as negative.
The given number as integer with appropriate sign is $-800\ m$.
(c) ‘A deposit of rupees two hundred' $ = +200₹$
The sign should be $+$ because we are depositing it in our bank account.
$+200₹ $ is an integer representation of the sentence ‘A deposit of rupees two hundred.'
(d) Withdrawal of rupees seven hundred $= -700₹$
The sign should be $-$ because we are withdrawing it from our bank account.
$-700₹$ is an integer representation of the sentence 'Withdrawal of rupees seven hundred'.
- Why so mangrove roots grow above the ground?
- Show that the following grammar is LR (1) S → A a |b A c |B c | b B a A → d B → d
- Find FIRST & FOLLOW for the following Grammar. S → A a A | B b B A → b B B → ε
- 8085 program to implement the following function (a*b) + (c*d)
- Construct the SLR Parsing table for the following grammar. Also, Parse the input string a * b + a.
- Represent Int64 as a String in C#
- Represent Int32 as a String in C#
- Represent a number as a Sum of Maximum Possible Number of Prime Numbers in C++
- Python a += b is not always a = a + b
- Represent a Number as Sum of Minimum Possible Pseudo-Binary Numbers in C++
- Armstrong Numbers between two integers?
- Represent Int32 as a Binary String in C#
- Represent Int64 as a Binary string in C#
- Represent Int32 as a Hexadecimal String in C#
- Represent Int32 as a Octal String in C#