- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python – Sort by Units Digit in a List
When it is required to sort by units digit in a list, a method is defined that takes one parameter and uses ‘str’ and negative indexing to determine the output.
Below is a demonstration of the same −
def unit_sort(element): return str(element)[-1] my_list = [716, 134, 343, 24742] print("The list is :") print(my_list) my_list.sort(key=unit_sort) print("The result is :") print(my_list)
The list is : [716, 134, 343, 24742] The result is : [24742, 343, 134, 716]
A method named ‘unit_sort’ is defined that takes an element of list as a parameter, and returns the last element after converting it to string as output.
A list is defined and displayed on the console.
The list is sorted using ‘sort’ method and the key is specified as the previously defined method.
This is the output that is displayed on the console.
- Python – Sort by Maximum digit in Element
- Python – Sort by a particular digit count in elements
- Python – Sort a List by Factor count
- Sort list of tuples by specific ordering in Python
- Python – Sort by Rear Character in Strings List
- Python program to sort a list of tuples by second Item
- Python – Sort String list by K character frequency
- Ways to sort list of dictionaries by values in Python
- Sort list of dictionaries by values in C#
- Ways to sort list of dictionaries by values in Python Using itemgetter
- Sort Array By Parity in Python
- Python program to Sort a List of Dictionaries by the Sum of their Values
- Python program to Sort a List of Strings by the Number of Unique Characters
- How do I sort a list of dictionaries by values of the dictionary in Python?
- How to sort a Python dictionary by value?