- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python program to remove duplicate elements from a Doubly Linked List
When it is required to remove the duplicate elements in a doubly linked list, a ‘Node’ class needs to be created. In this class, there are three attributes, the data that is present in the node, the access to the next node of the linked list, and the access to the previous node of the linked list.
Below is a demonstration for the same −
class Node: def __init__(self, my_data): self.previous = None self.data = my_data self.next = None class double_list: def __init__(self): self.head = None self.tail = None def add_data(self, my_data): new_node = Node(my_data) if(self.head == None): self.head = self.tail = new_node self.head.previous = None self.tail.next = None else: self.tail.next = new_node new_node.previous = self.tail self.tail = new_node self.tail.next = None def print_it(self): curr = self.head if (self.head == None): print("The list is empty") return print("The nodes in the doubly linked list are :") while curr != None: print(curr.data) curr = curr.next def remove_duplicates(self): if(self.head == None): return else: curr = self.head; while(curr != None): index_val = curr.next while(index_val != None): if(curr.data == index_val.data): temp = index_val index_val.previous.next = index_val.next if(index_val.next != None): index_val.next.previous = index_val.previous temp = None index_val = index_val.next curr = curr.next my_instance = double_list() print("Elements are being added to the doubly linked list") my_instance.add_data(10) my_instance.add_data(24) my_instance.add_data(54) my_instance.add_data(77) my_instance.add_data(24) my_instance.print_it() print("The elements in the list after removing duplicates are : ") my_instance.remove_duplicates() my_instance.print_it()
Elements are being added to the doubly linked list The nodes in the doubly linked list are : 10 24 54 77 24 The elements in the list after removing duplicates are : The nodes in the doubly linked list are : 10 24 54 77
- The ‘Node’ class is created.
- Another class with required attributes is created.
- Another method named ‘remove_duplicates’ is defined, that is used to remove the duplicate elements present in the linked list.
- Another method named ‘print_it’ is defined, that displays the nodes of the circular linked list.
- An object of the ‘double_list’ class is created, and the methods are called on it to add data.
- An ‘init’ method is defined, that the first and last nodes of the circular linked list to None.
- The ‘remove_duplicates’ method is called.
- It iterates through the list, and checks to see if any element has been repeated.
- If that is true, then it is deleted.
- This is displayed on the console using the ‘print_it’ method.
- Python program to remove duplicate elements from a Circular Linked List
- C# program to remove duplicate elements from a List
- Program to remove duplicate entries in a linked list in Python
- Python program to create a doubly linked list from a ternary tree
- Python prorgam to remove duplicate elements index from other list
- Python program to create and display a doubly linked list
- Python program to remove Duplicates elements from a List?
- Python Program to Remove Palindromic Elements from a List
- C++ Program to Implement Doubly Linked List
- Python program to search an element in a doubly linked list
- Java Program to Remove duplicate elements from ArrayList
- Python program to rotate doubly linked list by N nodes