- Python 3 Basic Tutorial
- Python 3 - Home
- What is New in Python 3
- Python 3 - Overview
- Python 3 - Environment Setup
- Python 3 - Basic Syntax
- Python 3 - Variable Types
- Python 3 - Basic Operators
- Python 3 - Decision Making
- Python 3 - Loops
- Python 3 - Numbers
- Python 3 - Strings
- Python 3 - Lists
- Python 3 - Tuples
- Python 3 - Dictionary
- Python 3 - Date & Time
- Python 3 - Functions
- Python 3 - Modules
- Python 3 - Files I/O
- Python 3 - Exceptions
- Python 3 Advanced Tutorial
- Python 3 - Classes/Objects
- Python 3 - Reg Expressions
- Python 3 - CGI Programming
- Python 3 - Database Access
- Python 3 - Networking
- Python 3 - Sending Email
- Python 3 - Multithreading
- Python 3 - XML Processing
- Python 3 - GUI Programming
- Python 3 - Further Extensions
Python program to remove duplicate elements from a Circular Linked List
When it is required to remove duplicates from a circular linked list, a 'Node' class needs to be created. In this class, there are two attributes, the data that is present in the node, and the access to the next node of the linked list.
In a circular linked list, the head and the rear are adjacent to each other. They are connected to form a circle, and don't have 'NULL' value in the last node.
Another class needs to be created that would have an initialization function, and the head of the node would be initialized to 'None'.
Multiple methods are defined by the user to add node to the linked list, remove duplicates and to print the node values.
Below is a demonstration for the same −
class Node: def __init__(self,data): self.data = data self.next = None class list_creation: def __init__(self): self.head = Node(None) self.tail = Node(None) self.head.next = self.tail self.tail.next = self.head def add_data(self,my_data): new_node = Node(my_data) if self.head.data is None: self.head = new_node self.tail = new_node new_node.next = self.head else: self.tail.next = new_node self.tail = new_node self.tail.next = self.head def remove_duplicate_vals(self): curr = self.head if(self.head == None): print("The list is empty") else: while(True): temp = curr index_val = curr.next while(index_val != self.head): if(curr.data == index_val.data): temp.next = index_val.next else: temp = index_val index_val= index_val.next curr =curr.next if(curr.next == self.head): break; def print_it(self): curr = self.head if self.head is None: print("The list is empty"); return; else: print(curr.data) while(curr.next != self.head): curr = curr.next print(curr.data) print("\n") class circular_linked_list: my_cl = list_creation() print("Nodes are being added to the list") my_cl.add_data(21) my_cl.add_data(54) my_cl.add_data(78) my_cl.add_data(99) my_cl.add_data(21) print("The list is :") my_cl.print_it(); my_cl.remove_duplicate_vals() print("The updated list is :") my_cl.print_it();
Nodes are being added to the list The list is : 21 54 78 99 21 The updated list is : 21 54 78 99
- The 'Node' class is created.
- Another class with required attributes is created.
- Another method named 'remove_duplicate_vals' is defined, that is used to remove the duplicate elements present in the linked list.
- Another method named 'print_it' is defined, that displays the nodes of the circular linked list.
- An object of the 'list_creation' class is created, and the methods are called on it to add data.
- An 'init' method is defined, that the first and last nodes of the circular linked list to None.
- The 'remove_duplicate_vals' method is called.
- It iterates through the list, and checks to see if any element has been repeated.
- If that is true, then it is deleted.
- This is displayed on the console using the 'print_it' method.
- Related Articles
- Python program to remove duplicate elements from a Doubly Linked List\n
- C# program to remove duplicate elements from a List
- Program to remove duplicate entries in a linked list in Python
- Python Program to remove duplicate elements from a dictionary
- Golang program to remove elements from the linked list
- Python Circular Linked List Program
- Python prorgam to remove duplicate elements index from other list
- Python program to sort the elements of the Circular Linked List
- Python program to remove Duplicates elements from a List?
- Python Program to Remove Palindromic Elements from a List
- Python program to create and display a Circular Linked List
- Java Program to Remove duplicate elements from ArrayList
- Python Program to Convert a given Singly Linked List to a Circular List
- Python program to delete a node from the end of the Circular Linked List