- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Please share one example of using taglib directive in JSP
The JavaServer Pages API allow you to define custom JSP tags that look like HTML or XML tags and a tag library is a set of user-defined tags that implement custom behavior.
The taglib directive declares that your JSP page uses a set of custom tags, identifies the location of the library, and provides means for identifying the custom tags in your JSP page.
The taglib directive follows the syntax given below −
<%@ taglib uri = "uri" prefix = "prefixOfTag" >
Where, the uri attribute value resolves to a location the container understands and the prefix attribute informs a container what bits of markup are custom actions.
You can write the XML equivalent of the above syntax as follows −
<jsp:directive.taglib uri = "uri" prefix = "prefixOfTag" />
When you use a custom tag, it is typically of the form <prefix:tagname>. The prefix is the same as the prefix you specify in the taglib directive, and the tag name is the name of a tag implemented in the tag library.
For example, suppose the custlib tag library contains a tag called hello. If you wanted to use the hello tag with a prefix of mytag, your tag would be <mytag:hello> and it will be used in your JSP file as follows −
<%@ taglib uri = "http://www.example.com/custlib" prefix = "mytag" %> <html> <body> <mytag:hello/> </body> </html>
- Please share a running example of include directive in JSP
- I am facing problem in using include directive tag in jsp. Please share a working example.
- Please share a working example of session maintenance in JSP.
- What is a taglib directive in JSP?
- What is the purpose of taglib directive in JSP?
- I need to understand how to use a bean and update its properties in JSP page. Please share an example.
- Please explain lifecycle of a JSP
- What is a page directive in JSP?
- What is a include directive in JSP?
- What are various attributes Of page directive in JSP?
- How many types of directive tags JSP supports?
- What is the difference between include action and include directive in JSP?
- What is the use of page object in JSP? Need an example.
- What are advantages of using JSP?
- Give one example of cation and anion.