- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Physical Change and Chemical Change?
Physical change is the change of that matter where only appearance or molecular arrangement of matter changes without changing its composition.
Examples: Boiling and freezing of water, melting of wax, mixing sand and grains, crumpling a paper bag, chopping a wood etc.
Properties of physical change are as follows:
• Most of the physical changes are reversible. Original form of the matter can be attained.
• It is a temporary change and no new substance is formed.
• During a physical change, no energy is absorbed or released
• Physical change causes a change in physical properties such as shape, size, etc.
Chemical Change is the change in which chemical properties of the matter change is known as chemical change.
During a chemical reaction, the chemical bond between the molecules broken, rearranged, and new bonds are formed resulting in the formation of a new compound.
For example, photosynthesis reaction is a chemical change as carbon dioxide and water in the presence of sunlight and chlorophyll to give sugar molecule and oxygen as a product. Here, sugar once formed cannot be converted back to carbon dioxide and water easily. As the new compound is formed from the reaction between water and carbon dioxide, it is a chemical change.
Other Examples: Digestion of food, burning of petrol and diesel, rusting, preparation of tea and coffee, etc.
- Related Articles
- What is Physical and Chemical change?
- What is the difference between chemical change and physical change?
- Chemical Physical Change
- What are the differences between chemical change, and physical change?
- Is breathing a chemical change or physical change?
- Explain Physical and Chemical change.
- Distinguish between a physical change and chemical change.
- Cutting of paper is a physical change or chemical change.
- Is cutting of tree a chemical change or physical change?
- In which change heat produces? (chemical change or physical change)
- What Is Meaning Of Irreversible Physical Change And Reversible Physical Change?
- Neutralization reaction is a(a) physical and reversible change(b) physical change that cannot be reversed(c) chemical and reversible change(d) chemical change that cannot be reversed
- (a) What is a physical change? Give two examples of physical changes.(b) What is a chemical change? Give two examples of chemical changes.
- Is A Teared Paper Chemical Change And Inreversable Change And Is Opening And Closing Cupboard A Reversable And Physical Change
- What is Physical Change?