- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the three major types of plants?
The three major types of plants are:-
1. Angiosperms- These are the flowering plants of the world. They can produce flowers and fruit, and their seeds are enclosed inside a protective shell called 'Fruit'. They are grown for ornamental plants, food production and many other purposes.
Examples- Trees, Shrubs, Herbs, Roses and Lilies.
They are further subdivided into monocotyledons and dicotyledons.
2. Gymnosperms- These are cone and seed-bearing plants, in which seeds are hidden in cone scales rather than protected by fruit.
Examples- Conifers, Pine, Firs, Cedars, and the Redwoods.
3. Pteridophytes- These are spore-bearing plants, which produces clusters of spore cases on the underside of fern fronds (leaves) which appear as small brown spots as they mature. They are commonly known as ferns.
Examples- Maidenhair, Holly and Fishbone ferns.
- Related Articles
- What are the three major components of Electrical Power System?
- What are the three types of Crop?
- What are the three types of Risk Preferences?
- What are the different types of diseases occur in plants?
- What are the major benefits of Ayurveda?
- What are the major groups of microorganisms?
- What are the major Components of Environments?
- What are the major domains of the earth?
- What are the major features of Java programming?
- What are the major ideas of Bayesian Classification?
- What are the major functions of capital markets?
- What are the major uses of a VPN?
- What Are The Major Limitations Of Blockchain Technology?
- What are macronutrients of the plants?
- What are the Major Implications of the Finance Theory?