- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
In integer, when we have the same numbers and different sign then what we can do [+/-]?
Rules of integers for addition and subtraction
1) If the two numbers have a different sign like positive and negative then subtract the two numbers and give the sign of the bigger number.
Eg: $17 - 8 = + 9; -12 + 5 = -7$
2) If the two numbers have the same sign i.e. either positive or negative signs then add the two numbers and give the common sign.
Eg: $6 + 9 = 15; -8 - 7 = -15$
$ + x + = + Eg: +2 x +3 = +6$
$+ x - = - Eg: +2 x - 3 = - 6$
$- x + = - Eg: - 2 x +3 = - 6$
$- x - = + Eg: -2 x -3 = +6$
$ + / + = + Eg: +6 / +3 = +2 $
$+ / - = - Eg: +6 / - 3 = - 2$
$- / + = - Eg: - 6 / +3 = - 2$
$- / - = + Eg: -6 x -3 = + 2$
- Related Articles
- How many bones do we have when we are newborns?
- What will be the sign of the product, if we multiply 90 negative integer and 9 positive integer?
- When we subtract a positive integer in which direction we have to move on the number line?
- If p is a prime number and q is a positive integer such that $p + q = 1696$. If p and q are co prime numbers and their LCM is 21879, then find p and q.
- What exactly happens when we have fever?
- What are the different color palettes we have in RColorBrewer package?
- When do we we get sun stroke ?
- When we have two eyes, why we can't see two things at the same time as Chameleon? What is Biological Name of this condition?
- Let $p$ be a prime number. If $p$ divides $a^2$, then $p$ divides $a$, where $a$ is a positive integer.
- How can we generate the same sequence of random numbers in MySQL?
- What happens when we multiply a negative integer with a positive integer?
- When we drink milk, then why we need Sunlight?
- Why do we have bones?
- How can we find underroot or squareroot of different numbers ?
- Why do we have a different time zones and why GMT is considered as the standard?