- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How coal is formed? What is the use of coal and why we use it and why it takes too many years to form?
Coal is formed by the decomposition of dead plants and trees buried under the earth over millions of years ago. It is of four types based on carbon content, namely, peat, lignite, bituminous and anthracite. The purest variety of coal is anthracite. It contains 92-98% of carbon content.
Millions of years ago, large plants grew in swamps. When the plants died, they went to the bottom of the swamp and got buried under layers of dirt and rock. As more and more stuff built up, so did heat and pressure which transformed the dead plants into coal. There are four stages in coal formation: peat, lignite, bituminous and anthracite. The stage depends upon the conditions to which the plant remains are subjected after they were buried – the greater the pressure and heat, the higher the rank of coal.
Coal Carbon content in %
Coal mining is the process of extraction of coal deposits from the surface of Earth and from underground. It is part of the mining industry. Coal is used as a resource for making electricity. Coal is used as a fuel for both domestic and industrial purposes.
- Related Articles
- What is SciPy and why should we use it?
- What is electricity and how we use it?
- How is coal formed?
- What Is Azure Machine Learning, And Why Would You Use It?
- What Is Anchor Text Diversity? and Why You Should Use It
- Why do we use paper or kerosene oil to start fire in wood or coal?
- Why is it advisable to use iodized salt?
- How is coal tar formed?
- When coal is burned partially, what are the products released, and why?
- What is BGP and why do we need it?
- What is SignalR and how to use it?
- What are the constituents of coal gas? State one use of coal gas.
- Why is it not good practice to use date values with two-digits years in MySQL?
- What is American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) and why was it formed?
- SWR Meter – What is It & How to Use It