- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
mysqladmin - A MySQL Server Administration Program
The ‘mysqladmin’ is a client that helps perform administrative operations. It can also be used to check the server's configuration and current status, to create and drop databases, and much more.
The mysqladmin can be invoked by using the below command −
shell> mysqladmin [options] command [command-arg] [command [command-arg]] ...
Let us see some of the commands which mysqladmin supports. Some commands take an argument following the command name.
This command creates a new database named db_name.
It deletes the database named db_name and all its tables.
It displays the server status variables and their values.
It flushes all information in the host cache.
It reloads the grant tables. It is same as reload.
It kills the server threads. If multiple thread ID values are provided, then there should be no spaces in the list.
It sets a new password. This changes the password to new_password so that the account used by user is the one with mysqladmin to connect to the server.
This command checks whether the server is available. The return status from mysqladmin is 0 if the server is running, and it is 1 if it is not.
It shows a list of active server threads. This is similar to the output of the SHOW PROCESSLIST statement.
It reloads the grant tables.
It flushes all tables and closes and opens log files.
It stops the server.
It displays the version information from the server.
- MySQL Server and Server-Startup Programs
- MySQL Server port number?
- mysqld - The MySQL Server
- How can we create a new database by using mysqladmin?
- Different SAP HANA Administration tools
- How to restart MySQL server?
- Starting and Stopping MySQL Server
- mysql.server - MySQL Server Startup Script
- mysqld_safe - MySQL Server Startup Script
- mysql_plugin - Configure MySQL Server Plugins
- MySQL Client Server-Side Help
- How to copy tables or databases from one MySQL server to another MySQL server?
- Learning SAP HANA Modeling and Administration
- Introduction to Remote Administration Tool (RAT)
- How can I start MySQL Server?