- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can we create a new database by using mysqladmin?
152 Lectures 16 hours
87 Lectures 5.5 hours
We would need special privileges to create or to delete a MySQL database. Following is the syntax for creating a new database using mysqladmin binary −
[root@host]# mysqladmin -u root -p create db_name Enter password:******
Here, db_name is the name of the database we want to create.
Following is a simple example to create a database called TUTORIALS −
[root@host]# mysqladmin -u root -p create TUTORIALS Enter password:******
The above query will create a MySQL database called TUTORIALS.
- How can we drop an existing database by using mysqladmin?
- How can we create a new database by using PHP script?
- How can we delete a MySQL database by using PHP script?
- How can we select a MySQL database by using PHP script?
- How can we create a MySQL table by using PHP script?
- How can we create a MySQL temporary table by using PHP script?
- How to create a new database in MongoDB?
- How can we create our own choice MySQL database?
- How can we establish MySQL database by using MySQL binary at command prompt?
- How can we take a backup of the single database by using mysqldump client program?
- How can we create a MySQL view by using data from multiple tables?
- Create a new database with MySQL Workbench?
- How can we create a new MySQL table by selecting specific column/s from another existing table?
- How can we create user accounts in MySQL database server?
- Can we create a database with a numeric name with MySQL?