- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to uninstall software using Package management in PowerShell?
There are mainly 3 methods by which you can uninstall software using PowerShell.
Using Package provider
Here, we will discuss the method to uninstall software using Package management.
You can uninstall the software or packages which are installed with the package providers. You can get the list of the package providers using Get-PackageProvider command.
PS C:\Users\Administrator> Get-PackageProvider | Select Name, Version Name Version ---- ------- msi 184.108.40.206 msu 220.127.116.11 PowerShellGet 18.104.22.168 Programs 22.214.171.124
So the packages which are installed with msi, msu, Programs and PowerShellGet can be uninstalled with Uninstall-Package command.
Get-Package -Name 'Vmware tools' | ft -AutoSize
If the package exists, you can get the details of the package. In the below example, there is a package version, Source path, and the Provider Name retrieved.
Name Version Source ProviderName ---- ------- ------ ------------ VMware Tools 126.96.36.19940789 C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Tools\ msi
To uninstall a package or software, you can pipeline Uninstall-Package command or directly run the command providing the package name.
Get-Package -Name 'Vmware tools' | Uninstall-Package
Uninstall-Package -Name 'Vmware tools' -Force
Force command is to run command forcefully without asking user permission.
- Related Articles
- How to uninstall software using WMI in PowerShell?
- How to uninstall the MSI package using PowerShell?
- How to uninstall the PowerShell Module?
- How to install the Nuget Package using PowerShell?
- How to install the MSI package using PowerShell DSC?
- How to retrieve the MSI package product code using PowerShell?
- The Benefits of Using Project Management Software
- Defect Management Process in Software Testing
- Linux Package Management with Aptitude
- How to uninstall a VPN
- Mastering Package Management system with Dpkg
- What are the Best eLearning Project Management Software?
- How to traceroute using PowerShell?
- What Do You Need to Know About Financial Document Management Software?
- How to easily manage your software using conda?