- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to draw a scale that ranges from red to green in Tkinter?
A color gradient defines the range of position-dependent colors. To be more specific, if you want to create a rectangular scale in an application that contains some color ranges in it (gradient), then we can follow these steps −
Create a rectangle with a canvas widget and define its width and height.
Define a function to fill the color in the range. To fill the color, we can use hex values inside a tuple.
Iterate over the range of the color and fill the rectangle with it.
# Import the required libraries from tkinter import * from tkinter import ttk # Create an instance of tkinter frame win = Tk() # Set the size of the window win.geometry("700x350") win.title("Gradient") # Define a function for filling the rectangle with random colors def rgb(r, g, b): return "#%s%s%s" % tuple([hex(c)[2:].rjust(2, "0") for c in (r, g, b)]) # Define gradient gradient = Canvas(win, width=255 * 2, height=25) gradient.pack() # Iterate through the color and fill the rectangle with colors(r,g,0) for x in range(0, 256): r = x * 2 if x < 128 else 255 g = 255 if x < 128 else 255 - (x - 128) * 2 gradient.create_rectangle(x * 2, 0, x * 2 + 2, 50, fill=rgb(r, g, 0), outline=rgb(r, g, 0)) win.mainloop()
Running the above code will display a scale gradient that has some range of colors defined in it.
- How to create a heat map in Python that ranges from green to red? (Matplotlib)
- How to change the Entry Widget Value with a Scale in Tkinter?
- How to draw a line on a Tkinter canvas?
- How to draw images in the Tkinter window?
- How to draw an arc on a tkinter canvas?
- How to convert a colored image to blue/green/red image using Java OpenCV library?
- How to draw a dashed line on a Tkinter canvas?
- How to draw a line following mouse coordinates with tkinter?
- How to draw a png image on a Python tkinter canvas?
- Get the value from a Tkinter scale and put it into a Label
- How to draw a dot on a canvas on a click event in Tkinter Python?
- Green Tea - From Usages to Side Effects, all that you want to know
- How to remove focus from a Tkinter widget?
- How to delete Tkinter widgets from a window?
- How the colour changes when the gases after thermal decomposition of ferrous sulphate come in contact with an acidified solution of potassium dichromate?(a) Green to orange(b) Red to colorless(c) Orange to green(d) Blue to green.