- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Get the value from a Tkinter scale and put it into a Label
The Scale widget in tkinter allows you to create a visual scale slider object in your application which is used to specify the value using a specific scale. To implement the Scale object, you have to first create a constructor of Scale(root, **options). Here you can specify the properties and attributes of Scale such as command, background, label, length, orient, etc.
Since the Scale widget is used to select specific values by dragging the slider, we can get the current value of the scale in a label widget. To retrieve the value of the Scale, use the get() method that returns an integer value. In order to display the value in a Label widget, we can convert it into a string using string type casting.
# Import required libraries from tkinter import * # Create an instance of tkinter window win = Tk() win.geometry("700x350") # Define a function def sel(): selection= "Current Value is: " + str(var.get()) label.config(text=selection) # Create a scale widget var=StringVar() my_scale=Scale(win, variable=var, orient=HORIZONTAL,cursor="dot") my_scale.pack(anchor = CENTER) # Create a label widget label=Label(win, font='Helvetica 15 bold') label.pack() # Create a button to get the value at the scale button=Button(win, text="Get Value", command=sel) button.pack() win.mainloop()
Running the above code will display a window with a scale slider to select a specific value in the range (0-100). Whenever you select a specific value, it will be just stored in a variable, which further can be used to display through a Label widget.
- How to put a Pandas DataFrame into a JSON file and read it again?
- How to get the Tkinter Label text?
- How to change the Entry Widget Value with a Scale in Tkinter?
- Update Tkinter Label from variable
- How to put a ListView into a ScrollView without it collapsing on Android?
- Deleting a Label in Python Tkinter
- Get field value and convert a particular character from it to uppercase with MySQL
- How to put a ListView into a ScrollView without it collapsing on Android in Kotlin?
- How to label and change the scale of a Seaborn kdeplot's axes? (Matplotlib)
- How to draw a scale that ranges from red to green in Tkinter?
- How to update the image of a Tkinter Label widget?
- How to change the color of a Tkinter label programmatically?
- Matplotlib log scale tick label number formatting
- How to update a Python/tkinter label widget?
- How do you create a clickable Tkinter Label?