- iOS Tutorial
- iOS - Home
- iOS - Getting Started
- iOS - Environment Setup
- iOS - Objective-C Basics
- iOS - First iPhone Application
- iOS - Actions and Outlets
- iOS - Delegates
- iOS - UI Elements
- iOS - Accelerometer
- iOS - Universal Applications
- iOS - Camera Management
- iOS - Location Handling
- iOS - SQLite Database
- iOS - Sending Email
- iOS - Audio & Video
- iOS - File Handling
- iOS - Accessing Maps
- iOS - In-App Purchase
- iOS - iAd Integration
- iOS - GameKit
- iOS - Storyboards
- iOS - Auto Layouts
- iOS - Twitter & Facebook
- iOS - Memory Management
- iOS - Application Debugging
- iOS Useful Resources
- iOS - Quick Guide
- iOS - Useful Resources
- iOS - Discussion
How to detect which iOS version is running on the device?
When working on iOS applications, we sometimes need to know the version that's running on an iPhone device. In this article we'll learn how to find the iOS version being used, using an iOS Application.
Create an iOS application and in it's viewController's view did load function write the following code.
print(" System version - ",UIDevice.current.systemVersion)
This will return the iOS version of the device currently in use. Like current version of my simulator is iOS 12.0 hence the result comes as
System Version – 12.0
- Related Articles
- How to detect iOS device UDID, Name, Version, Model by programmatically?
- How to get the Touch position on iOS device?
- How to detect Spyware on an Android device?
- How to get device make and model on iOS?
- How to lock & unlock the iOS device programmatically
- How to find the device driver version using PowerShell?
- How to detect device is Android phone or Android tablet?
- How to determine if running on a rooted device or not in Android?
- How to detect a long press in iOS?
- How to detect calls in an android device?
- How to get default device sdk version in android?
- How to get the build/version number of an iOS App?
- How to detect user pressing HOME key in iOS?
- How to check Location Manager is running or not in iOS App?