- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to curve text in a polar plot in matplotlib?
63 Lectures 6 hours
To curve text in a polar plot in matplotlib we can take the following steps
Set the figure size and adjust the padding between and around the subplots.
Create a new figure or activate an existing figure.
Add an 'ax' to the figure as part of a subplot arrangement.
Plot the line with some degree, color='green' and linewidth=2.
Create x and y data points, with some curve and plot them using plot() method.
To display the figure, use Show() method.
from matplotlib import pyplot as plt from scipy.interpolate import interp1d import numpy as np plt.rcParams["figure.figsize"] = [7.00, 3.50] plt.rcParams["figure.autolayout"] = True fig = plt.figure() ax = fig.add_subplot(111, projection="polar") for degree in [0, 90, 360]: rad = np.deg2rad(degree) ax.plot([rad, rad], [0, 1], color="green", linewidth=2) for curve in [[[0, 90], [0.45, 0.75]]]: curve = np.deg2rad(curve) x = np.linspace(curve, curve, 500) y = interp1d(curve, curve)(x) ax.plot(x, y, lw=7, color='red') plt.show()
It will produce the following output −
- How to plot sine curve on polar axes using Matplotlib?
- How to make a quiver plot in polar coordinates using Matplotlib?
- How to create minor ticks for a polar plot in matplotlib?
- How to plot half or quarter polar plots in Matplotlib?
- Rotate theta=0 on a Matplotlib polar plot
- Plot scatter points on polar axis in Matplotlib
- What is Polar Curve in Illumination?
- How to add text inside a plot in Matplotlib?
- Plot a polar color wheel based on a colormap using Python/Matplotlib
- How to animate a sine curve in Matplotlib?
- Plot animated text on the plot in Matplotlib
- How to plot ROC curve in Python?
- How to add a cursor to a curve in Matplotlib?
- How to fill color below a curve in Matplotlib?
- How to make the angles in a Matplotlib polar plot go clockwise with 0° at the top?