- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to change the menu background color of Tkinter's OptionMenu widget?
Consider a scenario where we need something to display a menu with some choices in the form of a dropdown list. To achieve this particular feature, Tkinter provides an OptionMenu widget which consists of features to add choices and a list of items in it. We can set up the default behavior of the OptionMenu widget by configuring its property such as background color, width, height, foreground color, etc.
# Import the required libraries from tkinter import * from PIL import Image, ImageTk # Create an instance of tkinter frame win = Tk() # Set the size of the tkinter window win.geometry("700x350") # Add a Label Label(win, text="Select a Day from the Menu", font=('Aerial 13')).pack(pady=10) # Create a Variable to store the selection var = StringVar() # Create an OptionMenu Widget and add choices to it option = OptionMenu(win, var, "Sunday", "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday", "Saturday") option.config(bg="gray81", fg="white") option['menu'].config(bg="green3") option.pack(padx=20, pady=30) win.mainloop()
Running the above code will display an OptionMenu having Days as the choices. The Menu has some background color and foreground color which can be changed in the configuration method.
- Dynamically change the widget background color in Tkinter
- How to change the background color of the options menu in Android?
- How to change the background color of a Treeview in Tkinter?
- How to change the background color of a tkinter Canvas dynamically?
- How do I get the background color of a Tkinter Canvas widget?
- How to call a function using the OptionMenu widget in Tkinter?
- How to change the color of certain words in a Tkinter text widget?
- How to make a Button Hover to change the Background Color in Tkinter?
- How to change a Tkinter widget's font style without knowing the widget's font family/size?
- How to change the background color using jQuery?
- How to change the text color of Menu item in Android?
- How to change the background color of the font in PowerShell?
- How to reset the background color of a Python Tkinter button?
- How to set the background color of a ttk.Combobox in tkinter?
- How to change the background color of ListView items on Android?