- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to bind the Enter key to a tkinter window?
Tkinter events are executed at runtime and when we bind these events with a button or key, then we will get access to prioritize the event in the application.
To bind the <Enter> key with an event in Tkinter window, we can use bind('<Return>', callback) by specifying the key and the callback function as the arguments. Once we bind the key to an event, we can get full control over the events.
# Import the required libraries from tkinter import * from PIL import Image, ImageTk # Create an instance of tkinter frame or window win=Tk() # Set the size of the window win.geometry("700x350") def show_msg(event): label["text"]="Sale Up to 50% Off!" # Create a label widget label=Label(win, text="Press Enter Key" ,font="TkMenuFont 20") label.pack(pady=30) # Bind the Enter Key to the window win.bind('<Return>', show_msg) win.mainloop()
Running the above code will display a window that will trigger the event when we press the <Enter> Key.
Now, press the <Enter> key and observe the output.
- How do I bind the enter key to a function in Tkinter?
- How to bind the Escape key to close a window in Tkinter?
- How to bind a key to a button in Tkinter?
- How to bind the spacebar key to a certain method in Tkinter?
- How to bind events to Tkinter Canvas items?
- How to bind to shift+tab in Tkinter?
- How to bind all the number keys in Tkinter?
- How to bind a click event to a Canvas in Tkinter?
- How to bind multiple events with one "bind" in Tkinter?
- How to make a Tkinter window jump to the front?
- Tkinter-How to get the current date to display in a tkinter window?
- How to add a margin to a tkinter window?
- How to draw images in the Tkinter window?
- How to make a Tkinter window not resizable?
- How to delete Tkinter widgets from a window?