- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to bind all the number keys in Tkinter?
While developing a Tkinter application, we often encounter cases where we have to perform some specific operation or event with the keystrokes (on keyboard). Tkinter provides a mechanism to deal with such events.
You can use bind(<Key>, callback) function for each widget that you want to bind in order to perform a certain type of event. Whenever we bind a key with an event, the callback event occurs whenever a corresponding key is pressed.
Let's consider an example. Using the bind("", callback) function, we can also bind all the number keys to display a message on the screen such that whenever a user presses a key (1-9), a message will appear on the screen.
# Import required libraries from tkinter import * # Create an instance of tkinter window win = Tk() win.geometry("700x300") # Function to display a message whenever a key is pressed def add_label(e): Label(win, text="You have pressed: " + e.char, font='Arial 16 bold').pack() # Create a label widget label=Label(win, text="Press any key in the range 0-9") label.pack(pady=20) label.config(font='Courier 18 bold') # Bind all the number keys with the callback function for i in range(10): win.bind(str(i), add_label) win.mainloop()
Running the above code snippet will display a window with a Label widget.
Whenever you press a key in the range (0-9), it will display a message on the screen.
- Related Articles
- How to bind multiple events with one "bind" in Tkinter?
- How to bind to shift+tab in Tkinter?
- How to bind events to Tkinter Canvas items?
- How to bind the Enter key to a tkinter window?
- How to bind a key to a button in Tkinter?
- How to bind the spacebar key to a certain method in Tkinter?
- How to bind the Escape key to close a window in Tkinter?
- How to bind a click event to a Canvas in Tkinter?
- How do I bind the enter key to a function in Tkinter?
- How to bind a Tkinter event to the left mouse button being held down?
- How to Move an Image in Tkinter canvas with Arrow Keys?
- How to BIND all the packages in a collection COLLA to a plan PLANA?
- How to print all the keys of a dictionary in Python
- How to count the number of keys in a Perl hash?
- How to bind the background image in Vue.js?