- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How many locking systems are there in JDBC?
You can lock a record, set of records, database table, table-space etc. and when we do we cannot change the locked values. Following are the types of locking in JDBC:
Row and Key Locks: These are used to lock a particular row. Using these locks, you can achieve concurrency.
Page Locks: These are used to lock a page. If you apply this, whenever the contents of a row changes, the database locks the entire page which holds the row. If you need to update/change large number of rows at once you can use this lock.
Table Locks: You can lock a table using these locks there are two kinds of table locks. Shared and exclusive.
Database Lock: This locks the whole database. You can use this lock to prevent transactions of other database to access the current database.
- How many types of JDBC Drivers are there?
- How many types of Result Sets are there in JDBC What are they?
- How many keywords are there in C++?
- How many Rounds are there in DES?
- How many Encryption Rounds are there in IDEA?
- How many different types of eclipses are there?
- How many non-access modifiers are there in Java?
- How many types of inheritance are there in Python?
- How many types of constructors are there in Java?
- Determining how many digits there are in an integer in C++
- How many ways are there to register a driver in Java?
- How many packages and classes are there in Java Standard Edition 8?
- How many ways are there to initialize a final variable in java?
- How many ways are there to convert an Array to ArrayList in Java?
- How many ways are there to initialize the instance variables of a class in java?