- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How many joints are there?
A joint is a connection made between bones in the body which hold them together and allow movement in two or more bones and link the skeletal system to function as a whole.
The joints of the human body are divided into three main types:
1. Immovable Joints: These joints are fixed and fibrous and do not allow movement in two or more bones in close contact.
For example- Bones of the skull.
2. Slightly Movable: Structurally these joints are classified as cartilaginous joints, as bones are connected by cartilage at the joint. It can be defined as two or more bones held so tightly together that only limited movement takes place. But, it provides less stability than immovable joints.
For example- Vertebrae of the spine.
3. Freely Movable: It is also known as synovial joints, that have synovial fluid in the joint cavity between connective bones.which enables all parts of the joint to move smoothly against each other.
For example- Joints in the knee, elbow, shoulder, hip, and wrist.
- Related Articles
- How many Vitamins are there?
- How many integers are there?
- How many Blockchains are there?
- a) How many milliamperes are there in 1 ampere?b) How many microamperes are there in 1 ampere?
- How many keywords are there in C++?
- How many Rounds are there in DES?
- How many types of wool are there?
- How many 6 digits numbers are there?
- How many methods of separation are there?
- How Many Angles Are There In Triangle
- How many types of motion are there ?
- How many types of forces are there ?
- How Many Digital Marketing Channels Are There?
- How many types of fibres are there?
- How many different types of eclipses are there?