- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How IPC between a user application and an OS Subsystem in Windows?
A windows operating system is software that acts as an interface between the user and the hardware component. The operating system is like a prime minister that controls the entire task happening in the computer. It is in between a user interface and the hardware.
It is system software. In the absence of the system software we cannot do any task on the computer. An operating system is software which performs all the basic tasks like file management, memory management, process management, handling input and output, and controlling the peripheral device like disk scheduling. Some of popular operating systems are windows.
The window operating system is a program that acts as an interface between user and hardware and controls all the programs in the computer.
Functions of Windows
Some of the important functions of the windows operating system are as follows −
Let us see the inter process communication between user application and operating sub system which is as follows −
- How to enable or disable local user on Windows OS using PowerShell?
- How the OS interfaces between the user, apps , hardware?
- How is IPC implemented in the Android, MAC, Windows Operating systems?
- Difference between Network OS and Distributed OS
- What languages have been used to write Windows, Mac OS and Linux OS?
- Differentiate between OS and DBMS files and OS and DBMS buffer manager
- How to Lock Your Hard Drive on Windows OS?
- How to get empty files in Windows OS using PowerShell?
- What are the differences between Client OS and Server OS?
- Difference Between Paging and Swapping in OS
- Difference Between Deadlock and Starvation in OS
- Difference Between Semaphore and Monitor in OS
- Difference Between Multitasking and Multithreading in OS
- Difference Between Buffering and Caching in OS
- Difference Between Interrupt and Polling in OS