- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can I plot NaN values as a special color with imshow in Matplotlib?
First, we can create an array matrix with some np.nan value, and using imshow method, we can create a diagram for that matrix.
Create a new figure, or activate an existing figure.
Add an `~.axes.Axes` to the figure as part of a subplot arrangement, nrows = 1, ncols = 1, index = 1.
Create a 2D array with np.nan.
Display data as an image, i.e., on a 2D regular raster.
Use the draw() method which draws the drawing at the given location.
To show the figure, use the plt.show() method.
import numpy as np import matplotlib.pyplot as plt f = plt.figure() ax = f.add_subplot(111) a = [ [1, 3, 5, np.nan, 8, 9, np.nan], [11, 13, 51, 71, 18, 19, 10], [11, 31, 51, 71, 81, 91, 10], [10, 30, 50, 70, np.nan, np.nan, np.nan], [np.nan, 3, 5, np.nan, 8, 9, np.nan] ] ax.imshow(a, interpolation='nearest', vmin=0, vmax=24) f.canvas.draw() plt.show()
- Related Articles
- How to plot and work with NaN values in Matplotlib?
- How to plot masked and NaN values in Matplotlib?
- Matplotlib – How to set xticks and yticks with imshow plot?
- How to plot data into imshow() with custom colormap in Matplotlib?
- How can I get the output of a Matplotlib plot as an SVG?
- How can I plot a confusion matrix in matplotlib?
- How to plot an image with non-linear Y-axis with Matplotlib using imshow?
- How can I plot hysteresis threshold in Matplotlib?
- How can I plot a single point in Matplotlib Python?
- How to draw a log-normalized imshow plot with a colorbar representing the raw data in Matplotlib?
- How can I place a table on a plot in Matplotlib?
- How can I convert numbers to a color scale in Matplotlib?
- How to plot a gradient color line in matplotlib?
- Change values on matplotlib imshow() graph axis
- How to deal with NaN values while plotting a boxplot using Python Matplotlib?