- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can I create a dropdown menu from a List in Tkinter?
Let us suppose we want to create a dropdown menu of a list in an application using tkinter. In this case, we can use the Tkinter OptionMenu(win, menu_to_set, options) function.
First, we will instantiate an object of StringVar(), then we will set the initial value of the dropdown menu. We will create the dropdown menu by creating an object of OptionMenu and passing the value of window, menu object, and options which are to be displayed.
In the output window, you can select an option by clicking over “Select Any Language” and it will show a list in the dropdown menu.
- Creating a Dropdown Menu using Tkinter
- Tkinter dropdown Menu with keyboard shortcuts
- How to create a hoverable dropdown menu with CSS?
- Create Dropdown menu with Bootstrap
- How to create a Popup Menu in Tkinter?
- How can I separate Menu Items in a Menu with Java?
- How can I create a simple message box in Tkinter?
- Right align a Bootstrap dropdown menu
- How to create a mega menu (full-width dropdown menu in a navigation bar) with HTML and CSS?
- Create a command/menu item that the user can invoke from a popup menu in HTML5
- How can I get elements from a Java List?
- How can I prevent a window from being resized with Tkinter?
- How do I create a date picker in tkinter?