Explain types and characters of security finance in finance.
Security finance is also called corporate securities. In this, funds are mobilised through shares and
debentures. These kinds of funds play an important role in capital structure of a company.
Characters of security finance are as follows
- Long term source of finance.
- Corporate securities.
- Repayment of finance is very limited.
- Plays major role in capital structure of a company.
- It includes both shares and debentures.
- Major role in company’s capitalisation.
Types of security finances
The types of security finances are as follows −
Ownership securities or capital stock
Creditors’ securities or debt capital − In this, funds are mobilised through creditors. Debentures and bonds are two major types of creditors securities, which are as follows −
- Unsecured debentures.
- Secured debentures.
- Redeemable debentures.
- Irredeemable debentures.
- Convertible debentures.
- Non-convertible debentures.
- Fully convertible debentures.
- Partly convertible debentures.
- Other types are −
- Collateral debenture.
- Guaranteed debenture
- First debenture.
- Zero coupon bond.
- Zero interest bond/debenture.
Published on 11-Aug-2020 11:41:16