- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain types and characters of security finance in finance.
61 Lectures 1 hours
43 Lectures 33.5 hours
Security finance is also called corporate securities. In this, funds are mobilised through shares and debentures. These kinds of funds play an important role in capital structure of a company.
Characters of security finance are as follows
- Long term source of finance.
- Corporate securities.
- Repayment of finance is very limited.
- Plays major role in capital structure of a company.
- It includes both shares and debentures.
- Major role in company’s capitalisation.
Types of security finances
The types of security finances are as follows −
Ownership securities or capital stock
Commonly called as shares. Shares are most common method of raising finance by a firm.
- Equity shares.
- Preference shares.
- No par stock.
- Deferred shares.
Creditors’ securities or debt capital − In this, funds are mobilised through creditors. Debentures and bonds are two major types of creditors securities, which are as follows −
- Unsecured debentures.
- Secured debentures.
- Redeemable debentures.
- Irredeemable debentures.
- Convertible debentures.
- Non-convertible debentures.
- Fully convertible debentures.
- Partly convertible debentures.
- Other types are −
- Collateral debenture.
- Guaranteed debenture
- First debenture.
- Zero coupon bond.
- Zero interest bond/debenture.
- What is definition of business finance and explain its types?
- Explain about derivatives in finance.
- Explain accounting period in finance and accounting.
- What are the types of Finance Functions?
- Describe the different types of companies in finance.
- Explain various sources of finance in financial management.
- Write the difference between domestic finance and international finance.
- Explain the concept Time value of money in finance.
- Finance – What are the types of Real Options?
- Differentiate between finance and accounting.
- Explain about initial, incremental and terminal cash flows in finance management.
- What is Cost of Capital in Finance?
- Importance of Leverage Ratio Calculation in Finance
- What is payroll accounting in finance and accounting?
- Describe the term amortisation in finance and accounting.