- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differentiate between 4G and 5G cellular Networks
Cellular network is a fundamental technology for mobile phones, personal communication systems, wireless networking etc. The technology is planned to replace high power transmitter/receiver systems for cell radio phones. For data transmission, cellular networks use lower capacity, shorter range, and more transmitters.
4G cellular network
4G is referred as the 4th Generation to the cellular network technology which flourished over 3G. It has the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in International Mobile Telecommunications (IMT) Advanced. This comprises IP telephony, Gaming services, high-definition mobile TV, video calling, Television in 3D etc.
5G cellular network
5Gs are the wireless network technologies which includes the millimetre wave bands that offer high performance, improved speed and coverage and reliability.
Now let us see the differences between 4G and 5G cellular networks step wise as given below:
Step 1 − 4G used frequency below 6GHz whereas 5G will have the frequency from 30 GHz to 300 GHz.
Step 2 − 5G would use a shorter wavelength and will be able to support 1000 more devices than that of 4G.
Step 3 − 5G to beam ultra-fast data with high precision and less latency.
Step 4 − 5G is to be 20 times faster than that of 4G.
Advantages of 5G over 4G
The advantages of 5G over 4G are as follows:
Speed and performance
1 router will connect the smartphone, thermostat, video game, camera, tablet, laptop etc.
Advantages of 4G
The advantages of 4G are as follows −
In-building coverage has been improved.
Scalable and software independent.
Challenges of 4G
The challenges that 4G faced during implementation are as follows −
Multimode User Terminals.
Heterogeneity of 4G Network.
Right Selection of wireless System.
When in roaming the frequency is incompatible.
Quality of Service (QoS) Support and Network Infrastructure.
Challenges of 5G
The challenges of 5G are as follows −
The target on vertical sectors − Provide in the car connectivity to the internet and access to the driver assistance information.
Spectrum harmonization − If the frequency is below 3.4-3.8 then 5G would stop functioning.
Net neutrality issue.
As all the above problems are being taken care of and now 5G is in the testing phase. As this is an advantage over the 4G networks so it is advisable to roll it out. It would be rolled out by 2021 as per sources.
- What are security features and risks in cellular 4G networks?
- 5G Networks and IoT
- Difference between Cellular and Wi-Fi Networks
- What are ultra-dense networks and new services and applications in 5G networks?
- What are security features of the 4G cellular network?
- What is evolutionary process of cellular networks?
- What are the challenges in implementing 5G networks?
- What are the new developments of cellular networks?
- Differentiate between ADR AND GDR.
- Differentiate between invoice and bill.
- Differentiate between investing and trading.
- Differentiate between company and firm.
- Differentiate between finance and accounting.
- Differentiate between EBIT AND EBITDA.
- Differentiate between revenue and turnover.