- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differentiate between ADR AND GDR.
The major differences between American Depository Receipt (ADR) and Global Depository Receipt (GDR) are as follows −
American Depository Receipt (ADR)
Main purpose is to acquire resources in USA.
Main objective is to attract investments from foreign companies.
Issued by US domestic capital market.
Foreign companies can trade in US markets.
US dollar as currency.
Listed in The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) or NASDAQ.
Retail investor market.
Negotiation done in US only.
Onerous disclosure of terms.
Global Depository Receipt (GDR)
Main purpose is to acquire resources in different parts of the world.
Main objective is to invest in different parts of the world.
Issued by European capital market.
Foreign companies can trade anywhere other than US.
Euro as currency.
Listed in Non US exchange (London stock, etc.)
Can negotiate anywhere.
Less onerous disclosure of terms.
Legally less complicated than ADR.
- Related Articles
- Differentiate between turnover and profit.
- Differentiate between invoice and bill.
- Differentiate between investing and trading.
- Differentiate between company and firm.
- Differentiate between finance and accounting.
- Differentiate between EBIT AND EBITDA.
- Differentiate between revenue and turnover.
- Differentiate between mergers and acquisitions
- Differentiate between tender and quotation
- Differentiate between trademark and copyright
- Differentiate between offer and quotation
- Differentiate between piconet and scatternet
- Differentiate between Arp and BGP
- Differentiate between hedging and speculation
- Differentiate between investment and speculation