- DCN Tutorial
- Data Comm & Networks Home
- DCN - Overview
- DCN - Computer Network Types
- DCN - Network LAN Technologies
- DCN - Computer Network Topologies
- DCN - Computer Network Models
- DCN - Computer Network Security
- Physical Layer
- DCN - Physical Layer Introduction
- DCN - Digital Transmission
- DCN - Analog Transmission
- DCN - Transmission media
- DCN - Wireless Transmission
- DCN - Multiplexing
- DCN - Network Switching
- Data Link Layer
- DCN - Data Link Layer Introduction
- DCN - Error detection and Correction
- DCN - Data Link Control & Protocols
- Network Layer
- DCN - Network Layer Introduction
- DCN - Network Addressing
- DCN - Routing
- DCN - Internetworking
- DCN - Network Layer Protocols
- Transport Layer
- DCN - Transport Layer Introduction
- DCN - Transmission Control Protocol
- DCN - User Datagram Protocol
- Application Layer
- DCN - Application Layer Introduction
- DCN - Client-Server Model
- DCN - Application Protocols
- DCN - Network Services
- DCN Useful Resources
- DCN - Quick Guide
- DCN - Useful Resources
What are the new developments of cellular networks?
Cellular network is fundamental technology for mobile phones, personal communication systems, wireless networking etc. The technology is planned to replace high power transmitter/receiver systems for cell radio phones. For data transmission, cellular networks use lower capacity, shorter range, and more transmitters.
It is not a complete wireless technology because the cellular network refers to a large area of mobile networks that is used for network access.
A mobile device is linked to its base station using an air-based interface and also using a physical and link layer protocol.
Every base station is connected to the Mobile Switching Centre to help set up a call and mobility network by connecting mobile phones to wide area networks. Whereas, devices used in wireless networks are used to access the internet.
For example, wireless fidelity is a network device used to connect to the WLAN network to access the internet and a wireless access point, AP.
Cellular networks rely on the availability of network ranges and Wi-Fi has a limited range.
New Developments in Cellular Network
Now let us understand certain new developments in the field of cellular networks.
Step 1 − The data range of volume increased by the introduction of 5G networks in mobile phones.
Step 2 − It is now offering a large capacity.
Step 3 − The power optimisation developments came to the fore in mobile networks.
Step 4 − Provides new end to end QOS.
Step 5 − The development of Voice Over LTE which enables a cost-effective mode of communication.
Step 6 − It had a huge impact on cellular networks.
The different applications of cellular network are as follows −
Used to transmit data.
It can Transmit Voice.
Accessed via mobiles.
It can be used as a cellular radio.
Future of mobile networks
The future of mobile networks is explained below in a stepwise manner −
Step 1 − As we all know that now we must insert a sim card in the mobiles.
Step 2 − As the recent and latest trend, a research is going on to remove the use of SIM.
Step 3 − That means that a new huge impact is coming soon which will eliminate the use of sim cards for cellular networks.
Step 4 − It allows users to integrate the cellular code into it so that it catches the tower signals.
Step 5 − Hence, the use of a sim card is removed by a virtual sim which generates a program to accept a sim.
Step 6 − We can even use multiple sims without a Sim card.
- Related Articles
- What is evolutionary process of cellular networks?
- What are security features and risks in cellular 4G networks?
- Difference between Cellular and Wi-Fi Networks
- Differentiate between 4G and 5G cellular Networks
- What are the processes of cellular respiration?
- What are ultra-dense networks and new services and applications in 5G networks?
- What are security features of the 4G cellular network?
- What are the characteristics of Bayesian Belief Networks?
- What are wireless networks?
- What are Neural Networks?
- What are the cellular network bandwidth capabilities and base station?
- What are the RF (Radio Frequency) Networks?
- What are the applications for Neural Networks?
- What are the Gateways in Computer Networks?
- What are the Mining Graphs and Networks?