- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differences between Digital and Analog System.
Digital as well as Analog System, both are used to transmit signals from one place to another like audio/video. Digital system uses binary format as 0 and 1 whereas analog system uses electronic pulses with varing magnitude to send data.
Following are some of the important differences between Digital System and Analog System.
|Sr. No.||Key||Digital System||Analog System|
|1||Signal Type||Digital System uses discrete signals as on/off representing binary format. Off is 0, On is 1.||Analog System uses continous signals with varying magnitude.|
|2||Wave Type||Digital System uses square waves.||Analog system uses sine waves.|
|3||Technology||Digital system first transform the analog waves to limited set of numbers and then record them as digital square waves.||Analog systems records the physical waveforms as they are originally generated.|
|4||Transmission||Digital transmission is easy and can be made noise proof with no loss at all.||Analog systems are affected badly by noise during transmission.|
|5||Flexibility||Digital system hardware can be easily modulated as per the requirements.||Analog system's hardwares are not flexible.|
|6||Bandwidth||Digital transmission needs more bandwidth to carry same information.||Analog tranmission requires less bandwidth.|
|7||Memory||Digital data is stored in form of bits.||Analog data is stored in form of waveform signals.|
|8||Power requirement||Digital system needs low power as compare to its analog counterpart.||Analog systems consume more power than digital systems.|
|9||Best suited for||Digital system are good for computing and digital electronics.||Analog systems are good for audio/video recordings.|
|10||Cost||Digital system are costly.||Analog systems are cheap.|
|11||Example||Digital system are: Computer, CD, DVD.||Analog systems are: Analog electronics, voice radio using AM frequency.|
- Difference Between Analog and Digital Computer
- Difference between Analog and Digital Circuits
- What are Analog and Digital signals?
- Analog & Digital Multimeter
- Explain Digital to Analog Conversion
- What is Analog to Digital Conversion?
- Difference Between Digital Signature and Digital Certificate
- Digital Advanced Mobile Phone System
- What are the differences between Unix and Linux Operating System?
- Difference Between Digital Signature and Electronic Signature
- What is Analog to Analog Conversion (Modulation)?
- What is digital certificate and digital signature?
- IOT as a key in Digital Healthcare System
- Differences between C++ and C#
- Differences between C and C#