- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between virtualization and containerization
Virtualization is the technology which can simulate your physical hardware (such as CPU cores, memory, disk) and represent it as seperate machine. It has its own Guest OS, Kernel, process, drivers and etc. Therefore, it is hardware level virtualization. Most common technology is VMware and VirtualBox
Containerization is os-level virtualization. It doesn't simulate the entire physical machine. It just simulate the OS of your machine. Therefore multiple applications can share the same OS kernel. Container play similar roles to virtual machine but without hardware virtualization. Most common container technology is Docker
|1||Basic||Virtualization is the technology which can simulate your physical hardware (such as CPU cores, memory, disk) and represent it as seperate machine||Containerization is os-level virtualization. It doesn't simulate the entire physical machine|
|2||Detaching Layer||It used Hypervisor to detach the physical machine||It used docker engine in case Docker|
|3||Isolation Level||It has hardware level isolation so fit is fully secured||It has process level isolation|
|4.||LightWeight||It is heavyweight||It is very lightweight|
|5.||Portable||It is not portable||It is very portable. We can build, ship and run anywhere|
- Difference Between Full Virtualization and Paravirtualization
- Difference between Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Distinguish between Machine and operating system virtualization.
- What is Virtualization?
- What is Network Virtualization?
- What is Server Virtualization?
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between NodeJS and AngularJS