- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence refers to a science where a non-natural element can be made intelligent. In simpler terms, an artificial object, man-made object can understand and think on its own.
Machine learning refers to ways by which a machine can learn without being programmed. In simple terms, machine learning is data driven application which can make its own decision based on varying inputs and can improve its decisions over time.
Following are some of the important differences between Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence.
|Sr. No.||Key||Artificial Intelligence||Machine learning|
|1||Definition||Artificial Intelligence, AI is a science where we defined Intelligence as to acquire knowledge and then apply it. Artificial, that is man-made, so Artificial Intelligence revolves around making machine intelligent enough to learn and improve. Natural Language processing, Machine Learning, Deep Learnings are various streams of Artificial Intelligence.||Machine Learning, ML is a sub-set of Artificial Intelligence.It articulates how a machine can learn and apply its knowledge to improve its decisions.|
|2||Aim||Aim of AI is to increase chances of success, accuracy of result is not atmost priority.||Aim of ML is to increase accuracy of result, success or failure is not atmost priority.|
|3||Concept||AI concept resolves around making smart devices/computer.||ML concept resolves around making a machine learn/decide and improve its results.|
|4||Goal||AI goal is to simulate human intelligence to solve complex problems.||ML goal is to learn from data provided and make improvements in machine's performance.|
|5||Development||AI is leading to development of such machines which can mimic human behavior.||ML is helping in development of self-learning algorithms.|
|6||Solution||AI goal is to find a optimal solution.||ML goal is to reach to a solution, optimal or not.|
|7||Achievement||AI helps in attaining wisdom, to make smart devices.||ML helps in gaining knowledge, to make informed decision.|
- REINFORCEMENT LEARNING – Another able branch of Artificial Intelligence
- Moving Towards Artificial Intelligence
- Difference between Data Mining vs. Machine Learning?
- Artificial intelligence its top 10 technologies
- Top 10 Technologies related to Artificial Intelligence
- What are the Opportunities in Artificial Intelligence?
- Difference between supervised and unsupervised learning.
- Machine Learning – The Intelligent Machine
- What is Machine Learning?
- What is the difference between Business Intelligence and Predictive Analytics?
- What is a Machine Learning?
- What is Q-learning with respect to reinforcement learning in Machine Learning?
- Introduction To Machine Learning using Python
- What are the different learning styles in machine learning algorithms?
- Learning Model Building in Scikit-learn: A Python Machine Learning Library